Remember Me?

Old 05-05-2008, 01:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

Talking Remember Me?

Surprise! WOW! So many new faces!! .....and where did all our old posts go??

Ok.....before anyone goes fetching those steel toed bunny slippers out I have an explanation why I haven't checked in sooner. Just give me a good running start and I'll come up with something great I swear!!

I guess you could say life kind of took over and it's not all bad. Some parts are really good I'm happy to report.

They keep postponing my exabf's court date on the aggravated kidnapping, car jacking and stalking charges.......cuz they got NOTHING as far as a defense! I've recently made contact with a man who's sister was murdered a week after my abduction in a case so eerily similar to mine it still makes my hair stand up on ends. We're taking our plight to congress and WE WILL get some of these domestic violence laws changed!!

I'm not sure I had mentioned this before or not, but my grandson's father left my daughter and him with the "I don't love you anymore" thing. Yea......can we say ass in here?? Anyhow.....it's been a difficult situation and for me being on the codie side of the fence it's been a true test of EVERYTHING I've learned on board since my arrival in 2005 and then some. I've had to apply those lessons and repeat some steps and this has nothing to do with addiction......oh.......and I pray.........A LOT!!

For the most part I have to give myself 2 thumbs up and am proud to report; Ahem........#1 I don't do anything for my daughter that she's perfectly capable of doing herself. #2 If I don't really want to know the answer to something, I don't ask the question because it's probably none of my business anyways. #3 I keep my nose out of stuff that doesn't pertain to me. If my daughter wants my advice I give it. If she doesn't I zip my lips. and #4 (Cats will be really proud of me for this lol) I use the word "NO" quite often now a days.......which isn't always easy, but I'm doing it none the less because I'm trying to have a life here too and I can't do that if I'm constantly doing for everyone else.

I've recently started seeing someone. Get this!! He's a private investigator for the Florida Game Commission!! Yea! He takes down the bad guys and I'm completely smitten! I went from crack addict psycho path to law officer and I would have NEVER in my wildest imagination (and we know I have one of those!) thought I could be so healthy and living everyday life with a smile on my face......without worry, without looking behind my back, without wondering constantly what the truth is and what isn't.

I try not to look back on the 5 years I spent with my exabf as a waste of time. Actually there's a quote that describes it best. "God Bless The Broken Road". I look back with gratitude because if it weren't for all the pain and struggle I had to go through, I darn sure wouldn't be where I am today within myself. I love who I am and where my life is headed.

Back in 2005.....I had no hope. I was lost, alone and scared to death......and now? YEE HAW!!

I'll tell you something else........I SURE HAVE MISSED YOU GUYS! :ghug

Old 05-05-2008, 01:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Oh Snap! I almost forgot......for all you SR Aunts here. Wyatt is walking and trying to talk. He has 3 teeth and he's all boy!!

Old 05-05-2008, 01:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Ahem........#1 I don't do anything for my daughter that she's perfectly capable of doing herself. #2 If I don't really want to know the answer to something, I don't ask the question because it's probably none of my business anyways. #3 I keep my nose out of stuff that doesn't pertain to me. If my daughter wants my advice I give it. If she doesn't I zip my lips. and #4 (Cats will be really proud of me for this lol) I use the word "NO" quite often now a days.......which isn't always easy, but I'm doing it none the less because I'm trying to have a life here too and I can't do that if I'm constantly doing for everyone else.
Okay, who are you REALLY and what have you done with Loves?

Just kidding, and nope, no bunny slipper nudges from me...but watch out, Cats is carrrying the Codie Taser these days and she's dangerous!!

Love, this post just tickles my heart. The new relationship sounds wonderful, but what is even better is that you sound like you have found your balance and are prepared to handle whatever life hands you.

It's been a long road, but where you are today will help ensure the road ahead is much nicer.

And keep posting here, we love to hear from you good days or bad, and the newcomer can learn so much from you and your experience, strength and hope. That's how this works, one codie helping another, and it's so good to know that your life is much better today.

Welcome home, Loves.

Old 05-05-2008, 01:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Well.

I HAVE MISSED YOU TOO! However, have kept you in my prayers and on 2 prayer circles that I belong too. I am glad to see the prayers are working.

I am happy for you. The H*ll seems to be finally coming to an end. About damn time. I hope the judge gives him the MAXIMUM on each count and has them run consecutively not concurrently. That will keep him incarcerated until he is very old, very grey or bald and probably in a wheel chair.

I am glad that you have found someone that you seem to like and have some trust in. That is great.

You are correct. As much as our pasts were he**, they are also the reason we are where we are today. Sounds like you are doing well with your daughter and grand baby also. Way to go!!!!!!

Now that you are back.............................................. ..............don't be a stranger!!!

Love and hugs,
Old 05-05-2008, 01:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Well. Dang!!! I missed little Wyatt while I was posting.

Send him great big squishy hugs from his Auntie Ann from the great white north.

Old 05-05-2008, 02:32 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

(((Kris)))

Dang, girl, I've missed you!!!

You sound absolutely wonderful and Wyatt is getting cuter by the day (must take after you)

The new love interest sounds great. I have several regular customers who are cops, now, and they're really great. Gee.....aren't these the same kinds of guys I used to hide from?

Thanks for checking in.....don't be a stranger. The newcomers need to know that there is life after addiction sucks you dry.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 05-05-2008, 03:31 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
To Life!

(((Loves)))

You sound great! And that lil one is just ADORABLE!!!
Thanks for the update, and soooooo glad to hear that life is treating you well.
Recovery sure looks good on you gal!

Shalom!
Old 05-05-2008, 03:33 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Kris, You sound great and Wyatt may be all boy, but he sure is beautiful Glad you checked in. Your sense of humor always makes me smile. I still think that you have a future in comedy. Hugs, Marle
Old 05-05-2008, 05:37 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome back....

So nice to see you and I'm glad that things are going well....(or should i say that you are handling things well )

your little guy is too cute!!
Old 05-05-2008, 05:42 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Ann-

LOL!!
:rof

Hi Loves,
I'm newish to this place and I just LOVE this post.
Thank you for this.
Very inspiring.
Peace,
B.
Old 05-05-2008, 05:54 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Kris,
I'm so glad you are doing well. I have missed you. You went from one end of the scale to the other with the men in your life, and it is a great change. I'm so glad you are happy, and doing well with your daughter too.
Wyatt is soooooooooooooooo cute, enjoy him when you want to, which I'm sure is often.
Love to you
Old 05-05-2008, 07:06 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

(((Kris)))

It is so good to hear from you ! And yes, I am proud of you. Isn't NO a wonderful sentence?

Sorry to hear about your daughter and her son, but you're right - it's a great opportunity to practice your program and also to set a great example for your daughter. There's no time like the present to BREAK the cycle of domestic abuse.

Big hugs. Don't be a stranger.

Cats
Old 05-05-2008, 07:46 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Glad to see you back and life is doing well for you. Wyatt is growing and such a cutie. Maybe we could "fix" him up with my great-granddaughter? hehe

Have missed you!!!!!!
Old 05-05-2008, 07:52 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ann View Post

Hey. I just caught that! :rof
I'm still here.......Just a little more .....lets use "refined" for lack of a better word. haha

Seems strange coming here with out some funny tale to tell, but it sure does feel good to be home!
Old 05-05-2008, 11:20 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I'm new too and even though I missed out on the horrors in your life, it was great to read about the blessings!
Old 05-05-2008, 11:29 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

We actually think Wyatt's dad may have a cocaine problem. Living with an addict for years taught me a few things and all the signs are there. It's sad the way a drug can take such a responsible, respectable young man and turn him into someone you don't even know. Drugs suck.
Old 05-05-2008, 12:07 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

Howdy LOVES!!!

so good to hear from ya!!

Wyatt is the MAN!! How could you be interested in the new law enforcement guy with Wyatt stealing your heart?? lol

Glad that life is doing better for you - can't think of a better person for a happy, joyous and free life,
Rita
Old 05-05-2008, 12:48 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Hey Kris, it's good to see a post from you, thanks for the update!

That Wyatt's quite a pistol, and he's got the coolest grandmother around!

Old 05-05-2008, 01:17 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
11d

Don't mean to invade....BUT it is good for me to see (as a new member) that there will be better days ahead. As I am trying to figure out through alll this confusion, lonliness, and sadness that things can get better. It is good to see/hear those of you that have gotten through this. I am happy for you. You inspire me. And maybe I will find my serenity. Somehow I may make it! Thank you....
Old 05-05-2008, 02:44 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Loves, one of your threads was the first one I read here.
Amazing how life can change in a heartbeat- Ahhhh this change is one- that's great!!!! Thanks for sharing it!!
Sorry the ex is doing the stall and delay..