Good Stuff

Old 05-03-2008, 04:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Good Stuff

Still pinching myself. It's been an amazing week. If you remember my post last week, my RAD hit 12 months clean, & gave a wonderfull speach at her home group. Then tues her fiancle had 2 yrs clean. He will say something at his homegrouup this sun. Now Josh (fiance) has been on his own since he was 16. He has a GED, and is 22 yrs old. He works as a prep cook at a resteraunt chain. On wed he got promoted to manager!! He will start at $34,000 & have health benifits, 401k ect. Then on thurs my RAD said she needed a copy of her tax return cuz her sponser was going to help her fill out an application for college. They are planing on a wedding next summer, but no date yet. As my daughter put it, they are each working on themselves, so then they can be better as an "us". Can you guys stand it!!! Pinch me!!!
Old 05-03-2008, 05:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I love it when our kids do things the grown-up way

It is just wonderful to hear of someone "getting it" and wanting more in their life than a downslide. Your daughter and her fiance sound healthy and happy, Helpus! You deserve a pinchless day of joy with all that good news
Old 05-03-2008, 06:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

((((Helpus))))
I was away I guess when you posted about your daughter's 1 year anniversary...Please give her a huge hug and congrats for me. And congrats to your future son in law as well -terrific! I'm soooooo happy for all of you...I could just burst. I know how awesome it was when Meg took a "big girl" job with benefits and growth potential and then pursued and accomplished readdmission to college complete with scholarships. It just feels so good to see our kids back on the right track and watch their happiness and growth. I feel even more proud of them when they face challenges and I see them using their tools and working throguh the problems to find a solution. I believe our young ones working a program have more wisdom and balance then most folks achieve in a lifetime. I was just thinking today, since Meg's birthday is tomorrow, that I believe she has grown into such an amazing young woman, and I know your daughter has too! And you...well your recovery shines and it makes my heart sing to just feel your happiness. Hugs
Old 05-03-2008, 07:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I can stand it........I love it when that happens.

So happy for you mom, and her.

Hugs...........Lo
Old 05-03-2008, 08:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I don't think I'll pinch you...I'll just let you keep floating around on cloud 9!

That is awesome news for everyone!!!

Hugs and prayers to you all!

Amy
Old 05-03-2008, 02:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!

It just seems to get better and better for all of you! I guess when they get it, some really get it. I just hope you have a lottery ticket the way things have been going lately!!!
I won't pinch you I'll just yell Yaaaahoooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-03-2008, 07:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

Isn't behaving like a "normie" wonderful ??
Sounds like they are over the hump and recovery has taken hold; fantastic for your family.
Old 05-03-2008, 07:19 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

It's always such a joy to read your good news

Here's a wish that the positive happenings keep happening and that you'll keep sharing your joy!!

(((continued happiness)))
Old 05-03-2008, 08:05 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

That is so awesome!! Wherever she applies, tell her to contact the foundation or scholarship office. Often they have scholarships there that most students don't know about or apply for (some--at least where I go to school--are for people recovering from hardships, substance abuse included.)

=)
Old 05-04-2008, 09:22 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
rozied

What wonderful, awesome news.................congratulations to you & your whole family.
Old 05-04-2008, 07:07 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

i am so happy for all of you. i love the good stories. it sounds like your daughter has it all together. miracles happen everyday we just don't hear them enough.