husband revealed 4 years of drug abuse now he wants a divorce...

Old 05-04-2008, 09:00 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

((((hugs))))

How are you doing? Sorry you're having a hard day. Peaceteach has some great advice! You've been hit with a lot of stuff all at once and it's not easy. I was about to write something, but realize it would still be a big ditto of what Peaceteach has already offered, so I'll leave it at that.

Take care of yourself.
Old 05-05-2008, 01:53 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

so i thought after a day of crying it would be better....but now i see he already contacted real estate agents to sell our house. I am crushed all over again.
Old 05-05-2008, 02:08 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Is he in trouble? Cause it sounds like he is trying to tie up loose ends/start anew/get cash quickly. It does all seem to be happening so fast. I hope that you are doing your own investigating in this situation in order to protect yourself financially. Although you are in great pain emotionally, I would advise you to step out of that mindset for a day and get yourself a lawyer. Better to be proactive here than to have regrets later.

Is he really in rehab and doing all this? I would think that if he was truly "rehabbing" he would be advised to NOT make any major changes or take any actions right now that take his mind off his recovery.

I also had another reaction to your situation. We often talk of how our higher power (HP) sometimes does for us what we could never do in order to protect us. I've read many here who say that their addicted one leaving them was a blessing in disguise after all the facts came out, something they might not have been able to do.

Take care of yourself, sweetie. It sounds like you are being put through the wringer at full speed here.
Old 05-05-2008, 09:00 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Is the house his to sell? I also think you should talk to an atty. and find out your rights. He is moving fast - why?

I have been told over and over that I don't even know the half of what my AH has been up to all these years. At first I didn't think that was true, I thought "I know him, he wouldn't do this or that", but as the months have gone on.... I don't know the half of it, I know more than I did, and I don't want to know more. Turns out I didn't really know who he is at all.

As difficult as it is, I agree, for now stepping into a role of control is what seems best. It's not that you have to squelch your feelings, or bury them and ignore them, just put them aside for a later time when you have the time to deal with them.

(((hugs)))
Old 05-19-2008, 12:39 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Is it possible to still be using while in rehab??
there are some things that are leading me to believe he's using again and that he's fooling everyone once again. How do I find out with out pissing him off?
Old 05-20-2008, 04:36 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Yes, it's possible to use in rehab.

I guess there are ways of finding out, but what good is it going to do? If he wants to keep using, he will. There is absolutely nothing you can do or say that will make him stop if he doesn't want to.

I know it's hard, but I hope you can start to focus on you, instead of him so much.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy