Here with Great News....

Old 04-11-2008, 10:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Here with Great News....

Well, I know i have been missing for some time now but I have been working very hard at getting my life back in order. As some of you know, I have been trying to get custody of my two grandchildren for two years now and evidently I wasn't yelling loud enough to be heard. Finally, I was at my wits end and demanded to see the judge (of course, i don't recommend yelling like that because you may wind up in jail). I finally got a court date and in short was awarded custody of my grandchildren!!! This was a difficult process because my AD showed up at the hearing and protested everything that I stood for!! But, thank god the judge seen right through her!!

Anyhow, she had became pregnant again by yet another pimp and sent herself to a unwed mothers home about 2 hours from me. She has since lost the baby but continues to stay there getting the assistance and support from the group. She has been clean not only from drugs but from drinking and cigarettes as well for over 3 months!!! I am very proud of her but still stand-offish because I don't know what is to come!! As a matter of fact, she found some guy that she has known for 3 months and is going to marry him!! (shaking head))))) not sure where that is going to go. This guy is in court ordered drug treatment....I am sure this is a failure from the start..but..who am i to judge.

Anyhow, In all of this..I decided to have fun with my life. I have become a Independant Business Associate of For Your Pleasure. I know..I know..selling lotions, potions, massagers, and adult toys isn't really a business..but...you know what...I get ME time when I have the parties and I am not looking for a "get rich quick" thing!! These parties are so much fun...most of the time i come home with my ribs hurting from laughing so hard!!

Anyhow....just thought that I would fill you all in on what I have been up too!!

All the best,
Trisha
Old 04-11-2008, 12:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats on the grandkids. That is load off your mind I'm sure!!
susan
Old 04-11-2008, 12:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

You go girl!

I'm so glad things have worked out for you.

Wishing you the best in future days as well
(((hugs)))
Old 04-11-2008, 12:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Wonderful news all around...Terrific! I know those little ones are so blessed to have you. And good for you taking care of you!! Hugs
Old 04-11-2008, 12:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Trisha, you're an inspiration I'm trying to get my nephew, maybe I'm not yelling loud enough, aint resorting to adult toys to make me yell yet though

(well, I'm not admitting to it, don't care what you say )

seriously, well done, good luck and all the other stuff, it aint easy looking after someone leses kids, no matter who's they are.
Old 04-11-2008, 12:39 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

((TrishaV))

That great about you and the grandkids - I so glad you are able to take care of them.

Have fun with the business - sounds like that is what it is for!!!!

Will continue to keep you, the kids and your daughter in my thoughts & prayers,
Wishing you Serenity & Joy,
Rita
Old 04-11-2008, 12:43 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

That IS good news, Trish and what a blessing for those children.

My prayers go out that your daughter's vision clears before she makes a mistake, but at least she has tasted sobriety and knows where to find it.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall at one of your parties. Sounds like a crazy business but it's gotta be fun.

Hugs
Old 04-11-2008, 12:49 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Trisha,

You know what they say about the squeaky wheel. I'm so happy for you and the babies.
Have fun at your parties.....laughing is good for the soul.

Hugs..........Lo
Old 04-11-2008, 01:41 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Way to perservere, Trish. You are awesome. And I agree, laughter is the best healer of a sad soul. It always make me feel a rush of warmth and joy
Old 04-11-2008, 06:59 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
On a tear

Wow... fun all over the place! Glad you got those kids, and I hope your daughter can stay clean for a good, long time. HP has her, right where she needs to be, and if she needs to marry this guy in order to cement a lesson that needs learning...then that will be, as well.

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!! ((hugs))
Old 04-12-2008, 12:53 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Great news ! Thank God the kids have you to look out for them. Also great news about your AD hope she sticks with it.
Old 04-12-2008, 01:14 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I don't know your story - but what I hear is wonderful news and an inspiring strength! Thanks for sharing, good luck, many happy days and prayers to you, your grandchildren and your daughter!
Old 04-12-2008, 03:26 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

it is good to hear great news. i am glad you got the kids. i am happy to hear your daughter is clean.remember everyday is a miracle. sounds as if you have a blast with your business.enjoy everyday!!!!
Old 04-12-2008, 06:30 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Glad to hear that the grandchildren will remain with you and be safe. Prayers that your daughter will make recovery part of her life from now on. Hugs, Marle
Old 04-12-2008, 06:39 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

((((Trisha))))

Thanks for the great news. I'm glad the grandbabies get to stay with you.

Some friends of mine went to one of those parties...they had ME laughing just talking about them.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 04-12-2008, 05:27 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

I am SOOO happy you got custody!
(The squeaky wheel gets the kids?)

Good for you, and good for the kids!
How great it is for them to have someone in their lives that loves them so much.

Hey...I've been to one of those parties. (heaven only knows why I would get an invite) but OMG! I laugh myself silly at that stuff!