support, who else can say the same.........?

Old 04-09-2008, 09:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

support, who else can say the same.........?

Can people in face to face meeting say they have this support?

My husband is in treatment and this week he told me that his therapist is concerned that I dont go to face to face meetings.

So I thought about that for a day or so then I told him.............

yeah maybe I should find and go to meetings but I have and really just didnt get much from them

BUT he can tell the treatment team............that I do have support I have SR.

And anytime day or night no matter what the problem is I have people FREINDS even that are here to support me, teach me and guide me and EVERY day one of these special people in my computer says something that powerfully impacts my life and helps me in my journey thru loving an addict and my codie"ism

SO yes I have support and yes I have a program of recovery maybe not face to face but I honestly feel my support is better than any meeting!!!
Expecially my wonderful, pennys crew!!!

LOVE and THANKS to everyone on SR and The crew!

Last edited by liesagain; 04-09-2008 at 10:15 PM.
Old 04-09-2008, 11:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

Glad to be a part of your support team.
Old 04-09-2008, 11:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

(((Lies)))

I feel the same way. I post on several different forums, since I seem to "fit" in different places, and I have never had a situation where my SR support team didn't get me through it.

Even my f2f friends, now ask about my various SR friends....or should I say FAMILY!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 04-09-2008, 11:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yep, have to agree, this is one great place!
Old 04-10-2008, 02:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I went to meetings for about 8 years before we moved from Toronto and they are scarce and harder to get to up here, so I rarely get a chance to go, but SR is and has always been a wonderful recovery connection for me and the people here know me better than most of my family or friends. It's a safe place to share whatever I want with people who truly understand me and without being judged.

Meetings helped me learn to work my program, and helped me (with my sponsor) work the steps thoroughly so that today I can work them on my own because I understand what each step means. This was the foundation on which I have built the rest of my recovery, and I will always be grateful.

I am also so very grateful for my SR family, who have walked with me every step of the way.

Hugs of Gratitude
Old 04-10-2008, 04:50 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Absolutely! This has been one of the "keys" to me getting better. I have shared what wonderful support I have found with my friends and with my counselor. All of your wise words and my ability to relate have multiplied my strength and have helpled me get through some very bad times. Thank you all and thank God for helping me find you.

Hugs!
Old 04-10-2008, 05:05 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I agree this place has been God sent !
Old 04-10-2008, 08:14 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Same for me. I don't go to f2f meetings, but I have spent many many many hours on SR. Still do. I don't post, but I read everything. I knew a lot about addiction, but here I have learned about myself. I found this site when my xABF became sober. I was so lost. I can honestly say I would not feel like I feel today about myself, if it was not for SR. I love you everybody!!!!
Old 04-10-2008, 08:28 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

yea, amen, I have buckets of gratitude for SR and all who give to this wonderful place..I am so thankful to SR.. SR has been the catalyst in breaking the log jam in my life that is co-dependance and helping me to see how I can REALLY help my AD....Everyday I am grateful..God Bless SR .
:ghug

Last edited by grateful2b; 04-10-2008 at 08:47 AM.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:12 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

Soberrecovery....The next best thing to being there.
I love you guys!
Old 04-10-2008, 09:28 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

Lies I completely agree. For a while I kinda felt bad about not going to meetings.. but even though in the Bronx, NY there are so many programs for addicts, or active addicts walking the streets its hard to find naranon out here and the one meeting that is available is not at the right time. But I let go of those feelings because like you said at any moment, any time of the day if we have a need we are able to come here... sheesh some of you know more of my inner most thoughts than my actual real life friends and that says a lot.

So many times I could be home and think of you guys and what you guys have said to me or wonder how everything is going with you all. SR is my safe haven, where I could truly be me.

Hugs,
jewelz
Old 04-10-2008, 09:50 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Lies I agree S/R is the best place for me right now in my recovery. I am learning how to handle things. I can keep my thoughts in here and if I am having troubles or even good new I can count on the people here.
Old 04-10-2008, 02:02 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I agree that SR is a life saver and it is there 24/7. The F2F meetings have helped me though immensely - to really work the steps, to get a real life hug, to see the light of recognition in another's eyes....doing both has really helped me. I tend to be an isolator and the F2F meetings make a difference with that.

Most of the counselors that I have met have not really understood what is available on SR (and I'm sure other sites as well). I think it's important to remain open minded but to do what is working for you. There have been weeks on end that I haven't been able to make it to a F2F meeting but SR has kept be connected to recovery. It's also a great place to be able to do service work and give back.

Hugs - Donna
Old 04-10-2008, 06:47 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
turning red!

((Liesagain))

Got the same comment before about me not going to meetings but i don't think meetings are suited for everyone. Everybody is different and so are people's needs.
The most important is not to lock ourselves into our own problem and for that we have SR, friends, family etc... To me i feel that that's all i need.
And i guess that's why i came back to SR after one year of absence, because i felt i needed support and could no longer rely only on my strength or friends or family.

Glad to have you in SR family, i missed u!
Carine