Remembering

Old 04-06-2008, 09:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Rest peacefully Sonny Boy

Remembering

I sit here today, remembering so much. Thinking about all the good people that I've met here. The losses, overcomming those losses, the tears, the laughter, the heartache, and the perservierence.

The friends that have come and the ones that have moved on, better for having been a part of thier lives, even if just a small part.

In this world of addiction that we live in, it can become overwhelming, negative things and events can just overshadow all the good that is out there. SR does so much more than help addicts or Friends and Family. It reminds me of all the GOOD out there. It helps keep hope alive.

So to all of my friends here, in pain and in serenity, you are a blessing to this world, you are hope, you are love, you are what humanity is really about.

A special rememberance to those friends that have moved on in recovery, I will always think of you and hold you dear to my heart.

Remembering the ones that we have lost. The ultimate price that was paid. They live on in love, and they give the rest of us blessings every day. They continue to help us. I can never express how much they have touched my life, and the people that loved them, ironicly, how much they have held ME up.

All my life I searched for a sign of good in this world, of love, of hope.

I found that sign, smack in the middle of dispair, tragidy and ugliness. I saw a light that overshadowed my darkness, I felt a warmth, that shelted me from the cold. I found that hope and that love and that good in people that I thought was lost. I see it on this board every day.

As bad as addiction is, it brought me to a understanding, it opened my eyes and gave me a gift that I had searched all of my life for, it gave me you, it gave me hope and I will never forget that, I will always remember.

Remembering in a good way.
B
Old 04-06-2008, 09:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you for the wisdom and the blessings that you bring us. Hugs, Marle
Old 04-06-2008, 09:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

:ghug3
Old 04-06-2008, 10:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

People (and situations) come into our lives for a reason

If we can accept that and learn from it, it has the potential to be our greatest spiritual teacher...

I am not the same person I once was...the mom/woman I was before addiction entered my life is long gone but in her place is someone I am proud of....

I wouldn't wish addiction on my worse enemy and yet I have grown so much by traveling on a path that could have stayed unknown to me....

who's to say if I would be in a better place had i never made this journey....

I am in a pretty good place right now because of my experiences with my son and the people I came to know because of my son

thank you for a good post and a chance to reflect on my own journey
Old 04-06-2008, 10:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
cmc

((frankly))
Thank you so much, for sharing this and putting into words what comes from my heart and I'm sure many others as well.
Old 04-06-2008, 10:55 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

thank you for this post. we are here as a family & we grow together with every word that is expressed on s.r. we are all united as we reach to help the other one up when he(she) is down.
not one of us can do this alone. it has taken you as well as me & all the others to make us what we r today. one day at a time my life gets richer. thank you for being here with us & sharing & giving an inspiration.
Old 04-06-2008, 12:54 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Thank you, Frankly. I don't think it's any coincidence that we cross paths with certain people in our lives, and I am grateful that all our paths led us here to SR, a place of magic, a place of hope, and most of all a place of love.

You, Frankly, and each person here, were a significant part of my recovery and getting my life back too.

Love you lots and am honoured to call you my friend. :ghug
Old 04-06-2008, 02:29 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

(((((Frankly)))))

Thanks for being one of the beautiful people who make such a difference in my life.
Old 04-06-2008, 04:53 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

((((Frankly))))

Your insight and wisdom have truly touched my life in so many ways. You have cushioned my falls many times whether you knew it or not. Many people have walked in and out of my life......people that I have physically met. But although we have never physically met you have left a such a positive mark on my heart that I will never forget.
It amazes me that through the words that we have exchanged we actually became to know one another. It just goes to show that it is what's on the inside that really counts.

Hugs...........Lo
Old 04-06-2008, 04:55 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

thanku..
GOD bless u
Old 04-06-2008, 05:09 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks for posting this.
This site and the people here have helped me so much. Even if I do not post much these days, I read everyday and get something out of each and every post.
I have grown in my recovery in dealing with my daughter's addiction, and much has been through this SR site. SR and you guys have given me permission to feel what I feel. You have been compassionate, yet firm in the roads you have traveled. I will always appreciate that.
Love this site and you guys!