Its hard for me to know how to act

Old 04-04-2008, 12:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Its hard for me to know how to act

There was another argument last night with RAH about an issue that keeps coming up -I've drawn my boundaries and will not give in, he says he sees no solution except for him to just be angry (and continue to badger me). Hurtful things were said, anger, distance, storming out the door, me saying I'm sorry (for what I am not sure - his anger? his unhappiness?), then silent treatment, then off to bed. I have a terrible nights sleep. Then comes morning. I am worn down but have always just put on my "happy good morning" attitude as if the whole thing has blown over. Do I fake it til I make it, or do I act sad because I am sad or act fed up because I am fed up. I typcially do not carry around a negative attitude or grudge with him...its not my nature. But i also dont feel like acting all happy because Im not. This is so hard for me to explain but I seem to have lost touch with how I am feeling and/or how to show that on the outside. It helps to write this. Thanks for listening.
Old 04-04-2008, 12:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Do you have boundaries concerning badgering?
Old 04-04-2008, 12:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

(and continue to badger me).
That's still his 'old' ways, he's manipulating you or trying to. A's are notorious for manipulation and badgering to 'get their way.'

You can keep doing the dance or you can walk away from him and not respond. Eventually he will stop badgering when he no longer gets the response he is used to.

When we change our actions and reactions, the actions and reactions to us change.

You have set your boundary. Now as said above it may be time to set a boundary about badgering.

J M H O

Love and hugs,