Blogs

Notices

Finally did it!

Old 04-04-2008, 11:05 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Drug Addiction Has No Mercy

What a brave and couragious thing you did. A true act of love (though I know it may not feel like it) but this is the best thing you could have done for him ... he needs to be held accountable for his behavior and believe me the addict won't do it on their own ... they have to be forced ..

Please don't let him guilt you or join his pity party that he is now a criminal ... and try to rest in the knowledge that by filing charges against him you also have his addiction and the destrustion is wreaks arrested too.

You did the right thing and I for one applaud you and give you a standing ovation!!!

Hugs,
Passion
Recovering addict/enabler/co-dependent
Old 04-04-2008, 11:10 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thankyou everyone sometimes we just need a little reassurance that we did the right thing. I dont regret the decision I made with the help of you all. I'm sure he will do it again next time I won't hesitate. The police called last nite and want me to write a statement for the judge to read what I think I would like to see happen to him. Thats a tough one. I would like to see him in a diversion program, however he is not a young offender. In Ontario I dont even think they offer the program????? Truthfully what I would like to see is him shipped off to some remote island where there are no drugs. LOL
Old 04-05-2008, 08:35 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

(((Katie)))

I don't know about where you live, but where I live, it doesn't matter how young (or old) you are....a person can be ordered to rehab, jail, or a diversion center (where I was, and I was 44 at the time!). I was basically in custody, but was allowed to work. Very strict rules, curfews, etc., and we had to pay $140/week for "room and board". I was in the county jail for a month, waiting on a bed, then the diversion center for "120 days and payment of fine".

It gave me enough clean time, and a little self confidence that I could be a functioning adult again, by having a job and following rules...something I hadn't done in more than 2 years.

It can't hurt to write what you want, since that's what they've asked for...you just might get it!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 04-05-2008, 09:10 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

(((Katie)))

whatever you write, about what you want the judge to do, just please make sure it's what's best for YOU...

Last edited by Impurrfect; 04-05-2008 at 09:15 AM. Reason: never mind:(