court on monday

Old 03-22-2008, 07:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

court on monday

j. goes to court on monday. i really think he will b sentenced. his lawyer(public defender) told him on wed. that this has been going on to long. j. is hoping that it would wait untill the 1st of june. his oldest daughter graduates from high school then. he is still doing the same things. the only thing different is me. this is the charge that can send him away on a life sentence. i deeply think that prison is not the answer for him. i think he comes home from prison & has good intentions of doing the right things but does not know how to live in the real world. he has never lasted over 2 yrs. on the outside since he was 21 yrs. old. he is now 38.he will b out this time 2yrs. in sept.
little j. is in a youth developement center. things are not any different for him either. he is angry & blames everyone.it is a sad situation. when they sent him to youth he got upset & wanted to go back to jail so he could be with his dad. i was not in court but his probation officer called & talked with me. he is on the same path as his dad has taken. i turn them over to my H.P. everyday. i can not change anything.
please say a prayer for my j's & pray that my recover will keep me where i am. i am not as anxious about this as i would have been in the past. i am working tomorrow 8-4. my daughter is coming, she is going to cook.her family & j. will be here, along with his 2 daughter. were all are going to stay in the day & enjoy it. this will be the 1st easter service i have missed in yrs. i cannot even make sun rise services. thank you & hugs & prayers to my S.R. family. i wish u all have a blessed easter.
Old 03-22-2008, 08:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Hope213, my love and hugs and prayers for you and your family....your recovery is shining through....Happy Easter and God Bless....
grateful
Old 03-22-2008, 09:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

My hugs and prayers are on their way too, Hope, your recovery is awesome and so are you.

These won't be easy days ahead, but with God's help you can stay in your light and know that He's got the rest covered.

Happy Easter, Hope.
Old 03-22-2008, 11:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Happy Easter

....already said a prayer for you and your family

Originally Posted by hope213 View Post
i turn them over to my H.P. everyday. i can not change anything.
It must be a relief to turn things over to your H.P. As for me, I still try to control everything, even though I know my efforts are probably futile. Sometimes I wonder if I am just postponing what's going to happen eventually anyways.

Hope things go well in court...and that having you in his life, will help little j see a better way
Old 03-23-2008, 06:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

(((Hope)))

Sending hugs and prayers to you and your family.

Amy
Old 03-23-2008, 06:46 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

((((((hope213)))))

May you keep your peace. Love every minute of your life.

Is he going in for life or 2 years? I am not clear on that. 2 years might do him good.
Old 03-23-2008, 06:53 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

I will most certainly include you and your J's in my Prayers. Not waiting for tomorrow though. I will began right after I submit this.

Fortunately, I haven't had any contacts with the court since I was a few weeks into my Recovery. But I remember the anxiety.

Since I have been in Recovery, I have lost my Father and my Mom's health is declining daily. Early in Feb. she was in Congestive Heart Failure and we didn't know if she would live through the day. She had requested a DNR and as much as I wanted to beg her to fight to live, I had to accept that she was ready to go. She is tired. Mom's still here with us, a little better than she was that day but it's just a matter of time.

Knowing that God is always there to take this burden off of me is so comforting. At times, I want to hold on to the worries, I had done it for so many years, it's what I'm used to doing. But I know that hanging on, trying to control things I have no control over in the first place is pointless.

I am so happy that you too are able to Let Go and Let God. Knowing that we cannot control what He feels is the right path in our life and the lives of others is difficult at times. But, the bottom line is, everything is in HIS hands, not ours.

Many Prayers coming your way.

God Bless & Thank god . . . Just for Today,
Judy :praying
Old 03-23-2008, 06:40 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

((((((Hope)))))))

Ah, sweetie. I'm prayin' like the dickens that things work out for both of your J's.
My J spent the day with me today. I had a wonderful time. I hope your dinner was
great too. I know your worried, but with so much recovery under your belt...
you know how it tears us down. So try not to go there. Your a great person and
I would hate to see you fall back into the craziness that comes with a codie relapse.
My love, prayers, and big ol' hugs,

Linda

p.s. enjoy the spring...these are for you.

Old 03-23-2008, 07:09 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hope, Sending prayers that things work out just the way they are supposed to and that you will find peace with whatever happens. Hugs, Marle
Old 03-24-2008, 05:50 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

((hope))

Prayers for all. Extra ones for YOU that you're able to find peace and comfort and serenity in all of this!

Cats
Old 03-24-2008, 03:29 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

thank you all for all your prayers & just being here for me. you are all my support & i love u dearly.