I'm angry too...

Old 03-17-2008, 07:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm angry too...

There is just so much going on and the rage inside of me is overwhelming...

So my boyfriend who I need to start and try to call ex, od last month. He went into a doctor's office and said he needed benzo's but his normal doctor is not in and he was wondering if he could get a script... This doctor gives him a 90 day supply and the boyfriend eats 90 of them in one day... ends up in the ER... I got the doctor's name off the bottle and called him. This doctor claims to have been seeing my boyfriend for a few months, (mind you my boyfriend was in an impatient rehab 120 miles away.) The doctor said that he had no clue about his addiction... so after that, I tried to let it go... What happens next month? He gets another 90 supply from the same doctor... The doctor claims that my boyfriend said it was a lie and he was never in the hospital... (This is a general doctor and not a psyc. ) First question, Why is this doctor handing out these drugs? Why is he reissuing a 90 supply of meds, when he gave a 90 day supply of meds a month later?... Oh yeah, the boyfriend downed that bottle, took my car, and totaled it... he crashed into two other cars... My car was so totaled it is gone... so I am out a car. I am so angry now... I kicked the boyfriend out... He says he is homeless now because of me, and he only screwed up a few times.... everything is my fault.... I am so angry, plus I really want to report this doctor... any advice? Who should I report him to, or am I just taking my anger out on the wrong party?
Old 03-17-2008, 08:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

((((littlebird))))
Can understand your anger. Not sure what to say about the Dr. and reporting him, but as for the BF, don't let him mess around with your head. Believe me, I have been there for so long and trying to pull myself out of believing that sort of thinking and behavior - it just gets harder! He's homeless because of HIS choices. They are sooooo good at turning things around and being so convincing that you start to believe it yourself. Stop, don't let him do that to you! Take care of yourself! Whatever you decide about the BF, make sure it's in YOUR best interest!

Lots of hugs and prayers!
Old 03-19-2008, 08:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

wow, that is a dr. who should have his licsens taken away. i am sorry about your car. did he have permission to drive it? if not you may want to take a warrent out for unauthorized use. that would get him off the street & maybe give him a chance to clean himself up. prayers,
Old 03-19-2008, 09:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

I understand your anger. Yes you're mad at the BF, and you're mad at the Dr and you're mad at yourself for getting involved with the BF to begin with.

That all being said, the bad things have happened. First, if you want to report the Dr, call and send a letter to the State Medical Board of your state at the Capitol, they have authority over Doctors in your state.

Next, did your BF have permission to drive your vehicle, was he on the insurance? If not tell the Insurance Company he did not have permission, they will get the police involved.

For you, I would suggest finding some nearby Alanon meetings and going for you. There you will find folks that have been where you are now or are where you are now.

Lastly, please keep posting here and let us know how YOU are doing, and how we can help YOU, we do care, very much.

Love and hugs,
Old 03-19-2008, 09:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I can not believe your luck. I would call the insurance company and then the cops. If he took the car without you knowing it, that is called grand theft auto.

For the doctor I do not think you can do anything about that. But see if you can not talk to a lawyer and find out if there is anything you can do for the damage of you car and maybe a civil suit.

I would not the boyfriend in again.
Old 03-19-2008, 02:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

The damage is done. He is not scared of jail one bit, and he has no money so it would be pointless trying to sue. The doctor... I think I need to just let it go. I am jsut so angry that it happened a second time. I do however feel like making a report about this doctor. Thank God no one was hurt in this car accident, imagine if it was diffrent. This doctor knew that he had a problem and still gave him 90 2mg of Kolnopin... This doctor is claiming he never had a problem like this before... As if he were to tell me that this happens all the time. :'(
Old 03-19-2008, 02:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I agress with you littlebird, letting go is probably the best idea. Don't sacrifice your own peace or future serenity for him. He is what he is. And nothing can change what has happened. But you are in the position to learn and move on. I find that distance/no contact helps too. Give it a few days. Focus on yourself. And then re-evaluate.
Old 03-19-2008, 03:04 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I know exactly the anger you are talking about. When my boyfriend was referred to his psych his doctor was fully aware of his addiction and struggles and what does he do? Prescribe a pill addict benzos! So he relapsed and I was so mad at the doctor until I realized, my boyfriend could have said no, and should have (although I know the addict in him is what made him say yes). Keep your head up and I'm so sorry for what you are going through.