Brother and His girlfriend

Old 03-16-2008, 09:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

Cool Brother and His girlfriend

My oldest brother has been involved with this woman for 8 years. They both got into some trouble with the law. My brother went to jail and she got "drug court" she worked very hard to get her act together and has gotten and remained clean. She has made some huge advances and I am proud of her.

But, she and my brother together are another story. My brother has gotten clean a couple of times and has gone back out. All this back and forth has made all that know their story dizzy.

One last time she kicked him out and he has decided to not go back when she asked him to. I feel a lot of compassion for her. I have kicked my H out a few times myself and I know how it feels to do it. She feels really bad about kicking him out especially since he has refused to go back to her.

Of course I want to call :codiepolice cause she has gone all out to try to get him to come back. She calls and calls my mom, me and, him. She has done a few drive bys and has gotten in his face a few times as well begging him on her knees to come back while crying and screaming. Oh the drama of it all I had to call her and ask that she stop calling my mom cause my mom has enough stuff to deal with.

My brother is set to receive a large some of money due to an injury that has caused him a lot of pain and suffering. It looks like he will blow it on getting high. I think this really gets in the girlfriend craw because she for the most part has supported him all these years.

Even if the stuff settles down at my house my family is still going strong.
Old 03-16-2008, 06:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I'm sorry Spendra.

It doesn't sound like she's ready to stop any time soon so maybe backing off for now is the best idea.

I've been keeping you in my thoughts and prayers

(((Hugs)))
Old 03-16-2008, 06:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Originally Posted by splendra View Post
She feels really bad about kicking him out especially since he has refused to go back to her.
A control

You want me back...I won't go because I will not do what you say. I will do what "I" want to do.

He will come back when she lets go. BUT don't tell her that cause she may use it *LOL*
Old 03-16-2008, 08:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
On a tear

I know how it feels to watch our loved ones in pain - even that of their own making.

Thinking of you. (((hugs)))
Old 03-16-2008, 09:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

It really is hard to back away from this stuff when it's everywhere you turn, isn't it? Hope you find ways to keep your serenity intact. Hugs
Old 03-16-2008, 10:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

I feel very fortunate that I am not locked away in some mental ward.

My mom has gotten very sick of my brother and his girlfriend issues. I am glad though cause she needs to have a little peace in her life. Of course if she gets rid of one drama source she has another waiting in the wings.

I really am standing my ground with my H. He is in a mess that I refuse to take any responsibility for. It is interesting to watch him thrash about while trying to get himself together. He has been forced by the court to take responsibility for his kids. 3 years ago I informed him and his ex that I was no longer going to participate in making sure he paid child support they both treated me like dirt over it anyway so I stopped. I have stopped a lot of things over the past couple of years concerning him.

He has tried his abusive tactics and he now sees it does not work with me anymore. Sometimes I see a glimmer of who I used to think he was but, I don't trust it he is a very good actor. I think he is still hoping I will roll up my sleeves and help him but I am not going to. He is no longer smoking crack because he gets drug tested I can tell he still wants to use though and he is not quitting because he wants to but, because he has to so it is not like he made a good choice or anything he was forced is all. I think he might be a little happier if he could tell himself he wanted to quit but I don't dare suggest it to him cause it just ain't my deal anymore.

I feel that as far as my recovery from co-dependency goes that I am actually making some head way. As much as I can I am doing stuff for me and taking as good a care of myself as I can. I am not beating myself up and I am not allowing anyone else to do it either and I am really quick to detect someone trying to get a little mental/emotional abuse thing going on and I call them out on it fast too.

My mom and I have been thru a lot of issues together and we have worked a lot of stuff out between us. At this point in time I would even say we are friends. I don't want either of us to have bad feelings or guilt about one another. She is my mom and I do love her and I hope if there is anything I can do to bring joy and light into her life that I will find away to do it. Life is short and I don't want to waste one more minute of it on resentments or guilt.