Nodding off

Old 03-14-2008, 10:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Nodding off

I just want to share, because for some reason, I was watching Intervention online and saw this girl nodding off on opiates. I have kicked the boyfriend out two weeks ago, but I still have so much anger... The nodding off would drive me crazy!!! I would yell and yell and he would... SLEEP... thinking about it still makes me cry. I still have that BLACK feeling inside of how I feel when he was high... and I pray both of us... ALL of us get better with God's will.

:praying
Old 03-14-2008, 10:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

ALL of us get better with God's will.
Yup and time. I was thinking just the other day, I kicked out my old roommate (meth, coke, weed addict).. I had a FAVORITE Nike yellow watch. The alarm on it bothered
him. He threw it away. It was a collectors edition that I worked really hard for to get at work. I loved that watch. That used to make me so mad any time I thought about it, it really upset me because of all the months I put into winning it also. But eventually that and the other things he did became a distant memory. And now it's just a watch.... A cute watch, lol...
But.... just a watch...

If we let ourselves, we do heal... :ghug2

Two weeks is still pretty new, give yourself time...
Old 03-15-2008, 05:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I only saw my daughter do the nod two times and that was enough for me. I sometimes wonder if an addict could see themselves and how horrible they look when they nod if it would make a difference. Probably not. I know what you mean about that black feeling. I call it the "ickies". I do believe an opiate nod is a hard thing to see and it sticks with us for a long time. Hope you find the healing you need. Hugs, Marle
Old 03-15-2008, 09:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A work in progress....

(((((((hugs)))))))))

I know exactly what you mean; my exah's DOC is opiates.
Old 03-15-2008, 10:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi,
Yes, that happens the nodding off...I think that is exactly what it is! They hear what you saying, but they are in a world of their own...Just thought I would add my 2 cents..
May God Bless All,
Machele
Old 03-15-2008, 02:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Oh GAG! The nodding off! I know that my XAH does this mainly when he combines Somas with codeine. They call it the "Soma shuffle." During our marriage, I stopped watching tv in the living room because every time we would watch tv together, I'd see him nodding off, and I became so distracted by it that I'd lose track of what was going on in the movie. So I started watching tv in the bedroom. He would get mad and was offended because I wouldn't watch tv with him. I later discovered that not only could I watch tv and keep track of what I was watching, but I also felt a sense of security in my room. Another thing that still bothers me to this day is the sound of pills rattling in a bottle. Even if it's asprin, I still get chills when I hear it. Even though I'm divorced from my XAH, he still comes around hoping and wishing I will overlook the fact that he's still using, but I'm stronger now. Some things still bother me, but for the most part, I am doing fine!