HELP please - friend wants to try crack

Old 03-13-2008, 10:33 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Let me get this straigh, your friend is only 17 years old and is still in high school. If you do not feel like telling her parents will work is there a consuler at school you can talk to. Your friend is an addict and she need major help, but if she is not willing to see that she has a problem there is nothing you can do for her.

I would tell some adult what is going on, with her. If she is thinking about doing it she will do it. You said you will not go thur losing another friend. You will if she uses crack.

I understand you guys are in high school and think you can handle anything. You are very good friend, and u know u have to do whatever you need to.

Try maybe going to a rehab place and see if there is not someone there that can help your friend out. Maybe if she sees what happens to long use of the drug or short use of the drug will do to her. See seems to be one that may have to see with her own eyes what happens to a crack user.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:42 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi Didx

I also agree with the rest of the gang here. Your friend is already an addict!
Proof is in the pudding! Her nose is destroyed! And now she was to try Crack! YIPES! She is dreaming if she thinks she can control that junk! It is highly addictive, even when used once!

I don't know what advice I can give you as, ultimately, the final decision rests with you; however, If it were me I think I would tell her Mom because this gal needs help fast.

Incidentally, if by doing this you lose the friendship, perhaps that isn't a bad thing because eventually you're going to lose it to the drug anyway.

All I can say is this is one of the saddest posts I've read in a long, long, time!

Here is a young girl who is in jeopardy of ruining her entire life "just because" she wants to try it! How sad!

Good luck my prayers are with you and your friend.

Hugs, Devastted
Old 03-13-2008, 03:12 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

I think she has already done it too. I did powder for a long time before I smoked it and it never made me want to go smoke crack because I couldnt shove another bump up my nose.
Sounds like to me maybe she is hinting around to she has already done it.
Kinda like she did it..Likes it and when you find out..she told you so.
Make sense?
Old 03-13-2008, 03:17 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

I want to that for me..Smoking it was 100 times more intensified than just snorting it.
Old 03-14-2008, 09:08 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=didxmyxtime;1704151]
Although, I have to say... marijuana is more psychologically addicting while crack is definitely more physically addictive, and I would honestly not worry this much over marijuana. I mean, they're two totally different problems. No one's going to go into detox over marijuana. QUOTE]

One thing---Crack is NOT physically addictive. Cocaine and Crack are both psychologically addictive. It's mental. You do not get ill and suffer withdrawls when you don't smoke. You crave it like you would your favorite food.

No Detox will ever admit you for Crack Abuse.