I'm Back!!!

Old 03-10-2008, 03:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm Back!!!

Man I've missed you guys! The past several months have been so hectic, I've barely had time to stay on top of things here at home, let alone go online much lol...

I sure do hope everyone here is well. I feel like my heart is about to cave in, personally. My sister, whom I can no longer refer to as a ras, was arrested today. Again. She just did get put on probation on a first offender plea for the drug cases, and now she's in for burglary. Since it was a first offender plea, she'll probably be there for a long, long time. A part of me feels bad for her, because I know how depressed she is... she turned 20 this past Saturday, and I know she's already convinced that her life is worthless. But, then again, I'm so mad at her right now I can't see straight. My parents are in the midst of their bankruptcy hearing, and I don't see that going very well (I'm pretty sure they're going to lose their house and probably their vehicles too), and I have a hard time not blaming her for their problems. Not that it's any of my business, but if they hadn't had to bail her out so many times, (from jail but also from other bills and such) they would not have had to file bankruptcy. Then again, if they hadn't given in and "helped" her so much, they would not be in that situation either. So, I digress on that point. But I'm still hurting over the entire situation.

And, in a way, this is my business, because mom and dad are wanting me to rent a storage room in my name to store their stuff that they don't want to lose in the bankruptcy. I'm a little apprehensive, just because I can't afford to be paying storage fees if they don't pay them.

Thoughts? Should I feel bad for thinking that way? Those of you who remember me know that I care more about my parents than anything... I've been on here before in tears because I couldn't help them more than I do. But am I being selfish by thinking this way?

I am sorry that I'm having to start off my time back here asking for help already... but you guys have always been such good friends to me, and that's what I need right now. :sorry Thanks in advance for your guidance.
Old 03-10-2008, 03:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome back, Lady. You have been missed on here. Sorry to hear about your sister but she is in a safe place in jail and maybe it is what she needs. At least she is not risking her life on a daily basis. As far as your parents go, do what you feel comfortable doing. Either way I hope that they accept your decision. How is the house? Hugs, Marle
Old 03-10-2008, 03:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Marle! I'm so glad to see you! I hope all is well with you... I've missed you.

The house is great. You guys were right last time... the first house was definitely not the right one for us. We have been here since October and love it. Our neighbors all seem to be nice people. The couple next door is elderly, and they remind me so much of my grandparents, whom I miss terribly, they are just a hoot to be around lol. We're still getting everything unpacked, and I've been told that'll be the case for a long, long time... but that's okay. I truly am happier here.

Thanks for the encouragement. I keep telling myself that she is where she needs to be... I've been feeling this coming for a while now. I guess I'm still trying to get over hearing my mom cry again... and having to be her psychologist (again)... and you know I love my mom, but you also know how much it hurts me to be forced to sit there and act like her therapist... which is about all I am these days... and I don't even feel like I do a good job of it. I know I sound like I'm being super insensitive right now, but I'm so drained, it's all I can do to stay afloat, if that makes sense...

How are you doing these days?
Old 03-10-2008, 04:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am trying to find my hope again. My daughter came for both Christmas and Thanksgiving and seemed to be doing better. I had hope that we could at least maintain a cordial relationship and that I would have some idea that she was alive, but she has decided again that I am not important to her. So I guess I got my expectations up and was hurt again and need to regroup. Other than that I quit smoking 3 and a half weeks ago and have been exercising, eating healthy and trying to make it to 100 (I figure if I live that long my daughter will have outgrown her addiction). Hugs, Marle
Old 03-10-2008, 04:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
cmc

Welcome back, Lady!
Old 03-10-2008, 04:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Wow Marle, congrats on the smoking! That's awesome!

Thanks cmc!
Old 03-10-2008, 07:48 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi LadyA welcome back! I'm sorry that there's still so much sadness in your life. I too think jail is probably a good spot for your sister...at least she is safe and hopefully clean. I find the best way to deal with my anger is to remember it's the addiction I hate, not the person.
As far as your parents' request, I do think you have to do what works for you. If you fear that if they can not pay you will not be able to pay either, can you explain that to them? I know you want to help them, but unfortunately they made the choices that got them to this point, and you can't "fix" that for them.
Don't be a stranger...I'm glad you are happy in your new home!
Old 03-11-2008, 12:13 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

Welcome back, we kept the light on for ya.
Old 03-11-2008, 08:20 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome back Lady,

Sounds like you are taking care of yourself despite your unfortunate news of your sister.
Stay strong and keep coming back.

Hugs...........Lo