Just thinking

Old 03-10-2008, 12:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just thinking

Okay this Saturday night my xrah got a note telling him he has until the 12th of March to be out of the halfway house the program put him in. General Assistants dropped him. They give him 150.00 for the rent.

He has been looking for a job, but is having a big problem when they go and run a credit check. He has not worked a real job for over 8 years. So it is harder then what he thought it be to get a job.

He has not asked me for anything, not a place to sleep or money for his rent nothing which is good I guess. He is working on our sons car and I told him I would give him 100.00 when he finished it. Well he is done and now he refuses to take the money because that was not the right thing to do, he was never there for me when I need it to get the kids stuff and he will take care of his problems now.

I want him to take the money because I would of gave it to someone else to fix it. I have not offered it again, but I feel bad if he would take the money it would give him more time to get a job.

But I guess everything work out in the end, it happened for a reason.
Old 03-11-2008, 04:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well he worked it out himself. He went down to GA and got that all fixed now he will get his rent paid for. He told me not to worry that he would fix it. He did something from start to finish.
Old 03-11-2008, 06:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good for him and I'm glad you stood back and let him find his own way. I think one of the most critical parts of emotional recovery from anything is to accomplish something that allows for a feeling of self worth and achievement.
Old 03-11-2008, 06:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

you did your part...now let him make his own decision to accept or not.

Let go.
Old 03-13-2008, 08:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well I have let go. He called me last night to tell me that GA still did not pay his rent. I asked him what is he going to do now. He keeps making the wrong choices and I know until he starts looking at the long picture that he has not really changed, all he is doing is see things sober. I just wish I could tell him what he is doing is still not healthy but he will have to make that choice himself.

I know everything will work out in the end. His HP has a plan for both of us and he will let us know what it is when we need to know.