AD walked out again

Old 03-11-2008, 03:23 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
StrivingToThrive

Mom hugs going out to you sleepy.

My heart breaks for your pain.
As everyone else has stated, You and your daughter are in my prayers.
as we all know, if we let it, this illness will take us down also.
Its so hard to make that decision about medicating our selves isn't it? but situational depressions can be as severe and debilitating as chronic depression, so don't downplay its effect on your life.
when I start seeing my son ( in my mind) on the streets or dead, the anxiety, fear and especially the overcoming grief could, and still can, make me want to curl in the fetus position and escape it. even as I feared his death, sometimes death sounded better for me then the pain I was in worrying about my son.
When my mind goes there now , When I picture my son walking these places of destruction, I also see his Higher Power walking beside him. I believe if my son fell, then God would catch him and be holding him in his arms. Even if death was his future I believe God would be walking with him through that journey also.
I guess it helps me to think since I can't and shouldn't, and couldn't even if I wanted to, ( since during these times they shut us out) be there to walk with him and hold him during these times, someone else GOOD is there with him and he's not alone. Ever. Just like your daughter is never alone.
Praying for you both. Hope is always an option over despair.
Cathy
Old 03-11-2008, 08:32 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

(((((Sleepy)))))

I know how hard this must be for you when you can't control this situation and give her the sense she needs to do what is right to save her life. Just keep in mind that her life is planned out for her and it will unfold just the way it is supposed to. She has a heavenly Father who is watching over her all of the time. Sometime when things are at their worst they can do a complete turnaround. It will be her time, her way. Don't give up. As long as there is life, there is hope.

From reading your posts, it sounds like you and your AD have a pretty close relationship despite her drug use. Let her know that you will never give up on her. I always told my RAD and still tell her , "as long as there is a breath in my body I will not give up on you". She in turn tells me that is what keeps her going.

Prayers for you and your daughter............Lo
Old 03-11-2008, 08:51 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
(((((Sleepy)))))

I know how hard this must be for you when you can't control this situation and give her the sense she needs to do what is right to save her life. Just keep in mind that her life is planned out for her and it will unfold just the way it is supposed to. She has a heavenly Father who is watching over her all of the time. Sometime when things are at their worst they can do a complete turnaround. It will be her time, her way. Don't give up. As long as there is life, there is hope.

From reading your posts, it sounds like you and your AD have a pretty close relationship despite her drug use. Let her know that you will never give up on her. I always told my RAD and still tell her , "as long as there is a breath in my body I will not give up on you". She in turn tells me that is what keeps her going.

Prayers for you and your daughter............Lo
Yes, even tho my daughter sees me step away and take my rightful place she knows I will never give up on her and now that I have a different perspective , I actually can believe that someday she will be in a better place and I know that is like a beacon for her.
Sleepy, could you go back on psych meds but on lower doses.....
Old 03-11-2008, 10:04 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

I just can't imagine the worries you have, I know the drug users worries but the health issues, my goodness, My heart breaks for the two of you. I will pray that she comes around or you find that lock down rehab.