SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   Prayer request re:court tomorrow (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/145650-prayer-request-re-court-tomorrow.html)

duet_4-8 03-09-2008 06:49 PM

Prayer request re:court tomorrow

Please lift up my sons and me in your prayers tomorrow. We will be in court at 9am edt. I am trying my best to let go and let God; I know He is in control and whatever happens is His perfect plan. But I would be lying if I said I am not very apprehensive about it.

The pastor of our church offered to be there for us, isn't that the coolest thing ever? He and the church as a whole have been so supportive throughout this whole ordeal, in spite of the fact that exah is also a member and has caused a lot of disruption. So I know that God is definitely in control in the morning.

I will let you know as soon as I get home. Hugs to all!

CarolD 03-09-2008 06:54 PM

(+) (+) (+)
Hugs and Prayers

marle 03-09-2008 07:07 PM

Sending prayers that everything goes smoothly tomorrow for you in court and that you have a feeling of calm when you go. Hugs, Marle

greeteachday 03-09-2008 07:20 PM

You've got it Duet. I'll be praying for you and your sons

Momsrainbow 03-09-2008 07:25 PM

:c014:You are going to do just fine!!!!! Hugs and prayers for you and your family.

BayAreaPhoenix 03-09-2008 09:35 PM

Duet - I will be thinking of you and sending all good prayers and thoughts your way!

I just want you to know that by sharing what you're about to do, you have helped me tremendously this weekend! About a month ago I woke up one morning and realized, I had enough education that I could indeed fight the battle I needed to (and it's a fair one from my side of things), for which I was so grateful, but I also knew I still had a long way to go. Reading your post and thinking about tomorrow and what you're going through helped me face that there are things that may come out in my own divorce, that might cost me more than I know, etc. I finally understood that there was much more out there and I had to be ready, had to know that whatever happened, I could deal with it, it wasn't the end of the world and what would be would be - my HP would be there, and no amount of worrying or planning would change anything. I had my breakthru breakdown this morning, let the tears flow and wash away the fear. I took a shower, and was able to put the thoughts away and enjoy a beautiful spring day. Thank you!

Good luck to you and your sons tomorrow, and as I said, I'll be up at by 6:00 a.m. my time, and I will be absolutely thinking of you - praying!

Lots of hugs and strength!

idahoone 03-09-2008 10:35 PM

Duet,

I will say a prayer for you and your sons tonight. G*D is with you and will be with you tomorrow.

Hugs and prayers,

Ann 03-10-2008 01:16 AM

What a great reminder that God is in control here, having your pastor come to the hearing.

My prayers join the others, that you and your boys are in a better place when all this is finished.

Sending Hugs too. for all of you!! :grouphug:

Impurrfect 03-10-2008 04:24 AM

(((Jen)))

Sending you lots of hugs and prayers for court this morning.

Amy

serenityqueen 03-10-2008 04:44 AM

(((Duet)))

I'm not familiar with the situation but in the past, I was faced with going before a Judge. I remember the feelings of knowing I need to give it to God, that He alone controls the final outcome, not the Judge who sits on the bench.

Sometimes I was granted what I thought was best for me, other times I wasn't. My thoughts at those times were that I couldn't survive this, I was angry that I didn't get what I thought was best and I began to question God's motives. Looking back, I can see where God DID know what was best for me and I am a better person now due to His Wisdom.

I'll Pray that God gives all of you the peace of knowing that no matter what the outcome, He knows what's best for you and your Sons

God Bless & Thank God . . . Just for Today

Judy:ghug

sleepygoat 03-10-2008 06:46 AM

Adding my prayers...

mooselips 03-10-2008 11:41 AM

Prayers coming your way Duet.

ctrom40 03-10-2008 02:44 PM

Duet,

My prayers are late, but they are there.

Colleen