On a happier note-update on Rockin' C!!

Old 03-08-2008, 08:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A work in progress....

On a happier note-update on Rockin' C!!

I should be moving into the Rockin' C in about two weeks. It was a fairly old house and there were a lot of unseen issues that had to be addressed.

It is looking SO much better (at least on the inside LOL!). I have painted all the 1970's dark paneling, changed all of the lovely gold light fixtures and gold outlet and switch covers and gold vent covers....there was shiny golden stuff EVERYWHERE!!

I have new carpet in the bedrooms thus getting rid of the left-over stench of the little dog that lived there. Don't get me wrong-I LOVE dogs and have them myself but I don't let them pee on the carpet......

I put down new peel and stick flooring in the kitchen and bathroom which replaced the lovely dark green shiny floor.

I am heading over there now to paint the bathroom (thus getting rid of some beautiful flowery wall paper) so the contractor can put in the new vanity top and toliet which replace the lovely sky blue ones that were there....

All in all it is really starting to take shape. More later.

Hugs to all!
Old 03-08-2008, 09:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wow!! sounds great.

I live in my house while I am renovating it. I love the dramatic change fresh paint can make. My XABF used to laugh about me "rehabbing" houses and my man.

Well, my house is going great ..... my man ... not so much.

Enjoy the progress you are making. I know it's lots of hard work. I like to believe it makes the house "feel" loved.
Old 03-08-2008, 09:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good luck with all that! Such a great feeling of accomplishment, I like doing those kind of projects too!
Old 03-08-2008, 09:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I don't need to do anywhere near as much work on my home and have been whining about it for a few months. Thanks for the nudge I needed and kudos to you!
Old 03-08-2008, 10:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Jen, that Rockin' C sounds amazing, I hope you took "before" and "after" pics.

I'll bet you can't wait to move and I think I'm as excited as you are.

Hugs
Old 03-08-2008, 11:12 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Jen...This sounds wonderful. I think of the Rockin C like your recovery...First it was tattered and neglected and not feeling good about itself. Then with some slow but sure work and taking each room (day) one at a time, with loving care (like you have learned to give to yourself and that we at SR give to each other) it began to blossom and flourish and shine...Just like YOU!
I've been spending the winter redoing most of my downstairs...paint, windows and window treatments, ceramic tiling and flooring...all weekend work. Sometimes i need a break from it; it seems overwhelming, but slowly it is transforming our home. I'm almost to the point that there is no more sanding dust, lol! It gives me a wonderful sense of accomplishment to know I can do it, too...I am awfully proud of you and all that you have achieved...Your recovery rocks like the Rockin C!!!
Old 03-08-2008, 03:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
cmc

I remember when you first got the place and now you are finally ready to settle in to your new home! I'm so happy for you.
Old 03-10-2008, 08:15 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

FABULOUS!!!
Old 03-10-2008, 08:33 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
'Round and 'Round I Go....

Sounds really great. It'll be well worth all of the elbow grease you are putting into it.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:42 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

OK...You are getting me in the mood to paint....
It's hard work, but the pay off is great in the end

Sounds like everything is going to look great!
God Bless,
Machele