SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   they had a surprise party for me (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/145143-they-had-surprise-party-me.html)

rahsue 03-03-2008 08:58 AM

they had a surprise party for me

my family threw a surprise birthday party for me on saturday.

Normally they would never have been able to surprise me since I USED to be in everyones life. In fact I said to my RAS and my husband that if it weren't for SR and me doing the steps I would have known about the pary because noone would have been able to make a move without me saying "why, what and where".

My daughter made all the food and decorated herself "with the flu" the poor wonderful girl. So as a thank you I am taking both grandsons this friday night so she can either go out and enjoy herself or go to bed at 6pm for the night, whichever she wants.

my birthday is not til the 29th but I guess they thought if they did it early I wouldn't figure it out. I figured they would have a party of some kind for me, after all it is my 50th YUK!

thanks for letting me share my happiness.

Sierra-Jess 03-03-2008 09:04 AM

Happy Birthday, and what a great thing to receive and realize.

marle 03-03-2008 11:57 AM

Sounds like a wonderful surprise. Happy Birthday. Hugs, Marle

cece1960 03-03-2008 12:34 PM

Happy Birthday!

I'm glad you stayed out of their business long enough for them to plan! :)

Glad you had a great time.
((((Hugs)))

caileesnana 03-03-2008 12:34 PM

:birthday
and many,many more!!
susan

BayAreaPhoenix 03-03-2008 01:30 PM

:bday7

Happy Happy! Sounds like a great surprise! How great you did stay out of their business so they could do this for you!!!!!

mooselips 03-03-2008 02:16 PM

Rahsue,
And I guess the moral of the story would be...good thing happen to those who myob?

Good for you, this recovery stuff is paying off, eh?

Hugs,

rahsue 03-03-2008 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by mooselips (Post 1694608)
Rahsue,
And I guess the moral of the story would be...good thing happen to those who myob?

Good for you, this recovery stuff is paying off, eh?

Hugs,

LOL LOL LOL LOL

DAMN SKIPPY!!! LOL LOL

greeteachday 03-03-2008 04:18 PM

I'm more often late than on time for birthday greetings, so HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY!!!! What a wonderful thing your family did for you and how kind fo you to return it by giving your daughter a night off. Hugs

chloe78 03-03-2008 04:57 PM

Happy Birthday! Glad you enjoyed it!

Impurrfect 03-04-2008 05:06 AM

Happy early birthday!!!

Gee, you've come a long way in the short time you've been here:) I know I feel a lot better when I'm not into everyone's business, and I'm sure you do, too!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy

CatsPajamas 03-04-2008 05:10 AM

Oh how fun. I love parties! ! And it really is a great testament to your recovery.

Hugs

Cats

ctrom40 03-04-2008 05:14 AM

Happy Birthday in advance.

I bet it was a great feeling being a guest at your own party.

Colleen
:a122: