Update

Old 03-01-2008, 08:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update

Well CPS has now taken all 3 kids and no it is not because hubby has started drinking or drugs or gambling agian. It was because he got to rough with punishing her. He pulled her hair and slapped her across the face so our doctor friend when I told him call CPS. And part of me is glad because I need a break. A huge one. After my suicide attepts to weeks ago I need to really be able to get back on my feet. But then another ball dropped. Of course right? The day before CPS showed up our Sewer backed up and flooed our basement. YUCK. our whole house stank and so on. So when they came they said there was no way we would be getting the kids back till the whole we gutted and redone. Easy to do when you have money and we don't. So they said they are calling the health inspector. OH GREAT. so if he shows up and condems the place then we have to out in the time limit he states which can be as little as 24 hours. That is just peachy. Luckily we do have renters insurance. And unknown to me(which is actually a great surprise) in a situation like this they will pay for the hotel, the food we eat while there, the starage cost for our furniture and so on. So that is a silver linning. Now we just need to find a house, get the kids back, and train ourselves to be like the Cosbys on the TV show. Hmmmm I think the meds were talking there. Thanks for letting me rant.
Nikki
Old 03-02-2008, 01:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You actually had me laughing out loud, nikki. Those meds must be pretty good!

I remember when our sewer system backed up into the basement and everything was ruined and so on. in our case, we were like days away from putting the place on the market when this happened. it changed the whole course of our life, because by the tiime we got everything clean and in order again, we decided not to move away afterall. So it was meant to be, we decided. We put the cost of cleaning up on a credit card, and after months of arguing about it with the condo association - they reimbursed us and took responsiblity for their crappy (no pun intended) pipes, which was like a miracle.

so enjoy the hotel and treat it like a little vacation?
Old 03-02-2008, 01:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Spiritualist for Fatima

You had me laughing out loud as well. Keep your head up! It seems like when it rains it pours right? Well the rain will let up eventually....I know, I know. Easier said than done....but believe me I'm in your corner and I know it will let up. It can only get better!

~Fifty~
Old 03-02-2008, 01:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Nikki.... thanks for the update. I have been wondering how you are doing. When it rains it sure does pour!

Take care in this temporary space... and look after yourself.

You have been in my thoughts.......
Old 03-02-2008, 04:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Usually Im very humorous, but I didnt find any humor....just thinking of 3 children who have been ripped away from there parents, not knowing what the crap is going to happen to them.

I hope you are working very hard at becoming healthy...you have 3 babies who need you.
Old 03-06-2008, 02:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

small update but all of them bad. I will share a small few. Thanks to CPS. I had to give the 2 ferrets (we had for 2 years the kids will be so upset)back to the rescue I got them from. Give psycho our cat away and put Prince(another cat) down(he had a spinal problem). They tried to their darndest to get me to get rid of the dogs(3 German Shepherds, 2 white and one black.) to but I got my doctors(all of them to write a note for the other two. ne of the white ones of course they can't make me get rid of no matter what since she is my Service dog. Their reasoning. The fur in the air could get into the baby;s lungs. Oh come on now. We can't live in bubles can we. I vacuum 3 times a week. Want do you want lady a self cleaning house?(I wish).

As for when we will get them back I have no idea. The doctor put me on a new stronger med so that makes ummm, forget it I lost count. But hey there is a great side effect to all these meds. They all make it so you have no appititie. No kidding. Seriously. I was 240 just before having my baby in October now I am 185. I am the smaller then I have ever been our entire mariage. Cool huh. I go days with out eating an don't even notince.

Well lets see the house situation. Nope can't gat a morgage as of yet, tryiong to get family to help. Hubby is now look for wrk now that he is off medical leave. And I am just waiting to hear back from Disability peaople to see if I was accepted or not. The heathy inspector has not been here yet but we and everyone else expect the placed to be condemed. So life is just peachy. And that is just a small update. I could go on and on and on.
Nikki
Old 03-06-2008, 02:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I am sorry but how can you be so dang happy. You have lost your children, the place you call home. i do not see anything funny or happy about that. Great to here you meds are making you forget to eat. What happens if you get back thoses kids and you forget to feed them. And for the animals, someone should of took all those pets away from you also. Sorry to be mean but those kids sound like they may be happy were they are.
Old 03-06-2008, 02:53 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Where did the kids get placed? Hopefully with a capable close family member? Have you seen them? Probably good thing that the animals are gone right now. That will give you the space to focus on getting better. Help is available Nikki. I hope you are getting some.