OT - how do you find strong atty?

Old 03-01-2008, 09:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

OT - how do you find strong atty?

Off-topic. Wondering, does anyone know the best way to find a really strong attorney? I have an attorney who's preparing the divorce papers, etc. He is one a friend of mine is using and she was told he was a "tiger" in the courtroom - and she needs one! Her husband isn't an A, but he has all the behaviors and they have a big mess. Anyhow, they did a settlement hearing and this atty. was not a "tiger" at all. So, if my situation gets to the point where I need to fight for what's fair, I want to find someone who is strong enough to shut it down quickly. Know what I mean? I don't have the money to string it along, I want someone who's strong enough to get through to the addict brain that this is fair, this is what it is, and that's it! Just don't know how to find that person. I've asked around and no one really has anyone they would recommend, so how do you find someone like that? Any suggestion would be helpful - thanks

As a side-note to all this - AH is either completely delusional when it comes to his money situation, or he's got a secret stash. I think he doesn't have the money, and just wants what he wants to have. He's not working much, hasn't been, been using his savings, etc. What makes them think this way? Makes me wonder. But, it's this thinking that just might send us to the legal system, which is why I'm looking for someone strong enough to get this settled.

Happy weekend in the meantime to you all.
Old 03-01-2008, 10:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Most alanons I know have or have had attorneys related to divorce. Ask around the rooms...referals are always the best way.