Talked w/ the counselor

Old 02-28-2008, 06:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Talked w/ the counselor

From the summer place, he has been clean 20+ years, works w/ young people. Kasey made more progress w/ him than anything else, just not enough.

Talked to him monday night. He calls to check every few months. After telling him the latest, he assured me I had now done everything I could for my daughter. He suggested when she call I listen to her, tell her I am sorry for her choices and when she is clean and sober to let me know and we will try a relationship, until then, nothing. He also said I was absolutely right to report the theft, car, etc.

So many here have told me the same thing and I found it comforting to hear it from another who knows my AD well.

I asked him if we could commit her, not in the state of TX. It is not against the law to do drugs! She has a right to live her life the way she wants. I asked about Britney Spears and the bi polar (Kasey was once diagnosed but then bragged about fooling the shrink w/ her own drugs!) He said in the 3 clean months he was with her, he did not see any evidence of bi polar.

So, no more ideas, wishful thinking. Just plain old reality and it sucks!

Just wanted to let ya'll know what was going on and the folks here are on track (as if I ever doubted it!).

Love to all,
susan
Old 02-28-2008, 06:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm glad you feel better about making the right decision. Wishing you and your daughter peace!

:ghug3
Old 02-28-2008, 06:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

(((Susan)))

Even when I feel like I've done the right thing in my heart, it always helps to get validation from others.

And yes, reality when addiction is involved, does suck! Praying Kasey hits bottom soon.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 02-28-2008, 07:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hang tough, susan. It's good to get confirmation when we have such hard decisions to make and keep. Thanks God she's not bipolar - regardless of the 'committment against her will' options that might have given you. It simplifies things, really, in terms of treatment and the rest of her life.
Old 02-28-2008, 02:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Yes, thank God she is not Bipolar....the confirmation IS helpful though, eh, Susan....just helps to galvinize our vision....hugs to you , momma......
Old 02-28-2008, 08:53 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

(((((((Susan))))))))