Four Days and he's home!

Old 02-22-2008, 06:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Four Days and he's home!

Well my friends, my 21 year old son is now nearing the end of his 47 day jail stint. On Wednesday, he is a free man. I just came home from visiting him and he has never looked better. He is completely drug free and looking forward to starting over with a clean slate. I, however, am quite nervous about it. I want to believe that everything will be great, he's learned a good lesson, wont touch drugs again, never be back in jail again...blah, blah, blah. However, I'm not 100 percent feeling confident, as I'm sure is normal. I have been saying my prayers and am hoping for the best. Any words of wisdom from those who have been there? :chatter
Old 02-22-2008, 07:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi puddin,
Haven't been there, but I do know that if you were 100% confident you'd be 100% in denial. It's on him now, what he wants to do and how he wants to live. Some addicts do get that moment of clarity in jail, but they still need to follow up with meetings and treatment. Keep praying and take it one day at a time. I'll pray for him too.
Old 02-22-2008, 07:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Keep taking care of yourself! The actions will speak for themselves.
Never give up hope!
Old 02-22-2008, 08:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

On a positive note my RAD's last jail stint threw her into recovery. She was in jail twice before, all short stints. Last June she had a 10 day stint and she came out and started to put her life together. She did have a quick relpase, told me about it and got right back on track. It hasn't been easy for either of us because she lives with me. The mood swings are hard for me to deal with. She isn't always the most pleasant person.
She is on bi polar meds and seeing a therapist so life is getting somewhat better.
She looks good and doesn't hang out with anyone that she used to. She doesn't have a car or a cell phone. I do let her use my phone if she has a date. I never let her use my car. She works in a private home, so she is able to stay where she works. It does her and I good when she stays, it gives both of us a break from each other. It's been 8 months now and for today she is still clean.

People recovery everyday, and I never ever give up on her. I let her know that all of the time. I hope and pray that this is your sons time and he will continue on his path to recovery.

God bless...........Lo
Old 02-23-2008, 12:07 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

Puddinface- wishing you and your son the very best.
Old 02-23-2008, 07:11 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

Puddin,

Do you attend face to face meetings? I added them to my life 5 years ago and I wouldn't give them up for love or money. The face to face support has been such a blessing to me. Maybe you could find a meeting. And if you don't like that one, you could try another. I just know some meetings are better fits than others.

Hugs and prayers,
Hangin' In
Old 02-23-2008, 09:49 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Power is not having to respond

Been there, done that.
I understand your nervousness. All we can do is continue to show them what life with out drugs can do for a person. How building credit and working toward a goal in life is worth staying clean. They have to take it from there.
Mine is going on 7 months clean.
Old 02-23-2008, 06:30 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks for all your words of wisdom friends! I will take everything one day at a time and pray for the best. I'm hoping this stay in jail made him really think about things. Hugs to all of you..