My thought s for the day , nice to get them out..

Old 02-22-2008, 06:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My thought s for the day , nice to get them out..

We have been struggling with the ups and downs for over 5 years now, in and out of rehabs, the roller coaster ride of recovery & relapse, over and over.and over again.
Right when you let your guard down in recovery and try to trust alittle,, you find the demond has fooled you again.
It is hard at times to remember the fight is not with your child, but with the demond. To sit back and watch the waste and destrution of your child and unable to do anything to help. Ahh and that is the true clue you need to grab hold of is "you cant do anything"
cause if you think you can help , your fighting a losing battle, But this is my son my child i love so dear, how can i give up.. as you bash your head over , and over again, watching them die a little every day.Were lucky he lived to see another day, yes, we know we were , but the queston is does my son see this too as a gift of life? so far he does, of curse he has the help of suboxen under a Dr;s care taken correclty and not abused. i know he has a chance , we can only take one day at a time.. but i dream of seeing him down the road of life, happy and clean, healty and productive, , But then reality sets and in and i wonder is this just another trick of the demon who lies in waiting to slither in at the right omonet to claim my son again? Living the roller caster is hard , it has taken a tole on my family like nothing ever has before.i am tired of the reruns, ready for the new. God Bless all of you who live this every day, my heart is drawn to you , my prayers are abundant for you .
Old 02-22-2008, 08:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well said, huckster. God bless you too.