Language of Letting Go - February 21

Old 02-21-2008, 02:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Language of Letting Go - February 21

You are reading from the book The Language of Letting Go

Living in the Present

The present moment is all we have. Yes, we have plans and goals, a vision for tomorrow. But now is the only time we possess. And it is enough.

We can clear our mind of the residue of yesterday. We can clear our mind of fears of tomorrow. We can be present, now. We can make ourselves available to this moment, this day. It is by being fully present now that we reach the fullness of tomorrow.

Have no fear, child, a voice whispers. Have no regrets. Relinquish your resentments. Let Me take your pain. All you have is the present moment. Be still. Be here Trust.

All you have is now. It is enough.

Today, I will affirm that all is well around me, when all is well within.

From The Language of Letting Go by Melody Beattie ©1990, Hazelden Foundation.
Old 02-21-2008, 02:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

We can clear our mind of the residue of yesterday. We can clear our mind of fears of tomorrow. We can be present, now. We can make ourselves available to this moment, this day. It is by being fully present now that we reach the fullness of tomorrow.
Living in today allows me to see the beauty of every sunrise and to know that whatever the day brings me will be another thread in the tapestry of my life. Good days and bad each bring their own gift, sometimes disguised as lessons I need to learn, but each one is significant to my journey and I am grateful.

Hugs
Old 02-21-2008, 06:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

ann,

as always, such a timely post - i am so lucky to come here with time just at the right moment - thank you for being my right moment - it reminds me of last nite - my family stood in such awe of the eclipse last nite - the tapestry of my life - such beauty in such moments...

love,
s