Tried on line dating oh god

Old 02-19-2008, 07:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Tried on line dating oh god

I think I need help. I went and tried on line dating. Had two dates and chated with a few people helped to take my mind off ex. But it sucked. I am so not ready. I deleted my profile tonight. I think I was trying to escape my feelings of abandoment. It really didn't help because all we did was complain about ex. husbands or wives. I need to find recovery from this sh**. I found a picture of my husband and I when he wasn't using and we looked so happy on our vacation and I had it up on the fridge for 5 days, took it off when I realized my oldest son turned the picture around. I think he was trying to help me. The dates were ok, just not ready to trust anyone. How do we start over? the ex called and needed help to get into a program, he didn't know our new ins. Would not go to him with ins card told him I would give it to Treatment center. I did that, It was my birthday and he didn't even remember. We have been together for 22years. Just needed to b**** tonight. thanks
Old 02-19-2008, 07:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi there,
You sound like my friend trying to date again...Different situation..But on line dating thing and all.
I know she is 40 yrs old and she said she really didn't know how to date. She got married at a young age and never really dated.

I know it will be hard for you, but for right now I would take it on a day to day basis.
Right now, just enjoy yourself....Have fun with friends and stay busy....The dating thing will happen when you feel ready sweetie.:atv
I keep telling my friend this, but she is lonely and I can understand that.
So I just listen more now.:chatter
Lots of hugs and good Luck:ghug3
God Bless
Machele
Old 02-19-2008, 07:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You'll be ready soon enough! There's a difference between pushing ourselves out of our comfort zone when we're ready, and pushing ourselves to do something we're not ready to do! Good for you though, for trying something new, even if the time wasn't right yet! That took a lot of courage! :ghug3