Missing Him...

Old 02-13-2008, 08:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Post Missing Him...

It's been two days since we've talked, and I feel like Im gonna die. I feel like I can't do this. I feel like I can't live without him, I can't breathe. He's my everything and I love him so much. I don't know what to do. I miss him sooo much. He's my life. I never loved anyone like I love him.

I want to call him, and tell him that I love him and miss him, and that everything will be ok, but I know that'll do more harm than good. We were doing so good, I don't know what went wrong....
Old 02-13-2008, 08:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I do not know the particulars of your story but I certainly can hear the pain in your post....

try to focus on yourself and plan activities (meetings!) to help you through the lonely times.....
call a friend or family member...
do something that brings you pleasure

altho you shouldn't dwell on the dark times it is important to remember why you are not together and keep your boundaries

remember nothing changes if nothing changes

I hope you are able to find peace....
keep posting
there is much love and support here...
Old 02-13-2008, 08:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

butterfly I am so sorry you are feeling sad and missing him

try to be strong and let him find his way, I'm learning the hard way thats all you really can do
Old 02-13-2008, 08:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

If I could only tell you the number of times I have cried and told him its okay we'll get thru this we'll work it out you can do it ........one more chance etc etc
all because I love him, and I fear FOR HIM
but that isnt helping him and its not helping me

one more relapse yesterday is a wake up call

I know that it is hard and it hurts
hang in there
Old 02-13-2008, 09:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry Butterfly - I don't think there's anyone here who can't say they have been where you are for child or partner. It hurts so much, but it's so important to stay focused on yourself. When I've walked into a meeting (NA or Alanon) feeling like you are, they tell me, "this too shall pass". It didn't feel comforting the first few times I heard it, but after coming and going through the emotions a few times, it ended up something I needed to hear, to be reminded that it was just today, and maybe tomorrow, but it will pass. Give yourself time and try not to make life-changing decisions in the height of emotions. This is not the time. Pain is part of life, let yourself go through this until you get to a place where you can think clearer. Keep posting, go to a meeting, be good to yourself. (((((hugs))))) to you during this time! Really, we understand.
Old 02-14-2008, 08:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

i really know how you feel...been there so many times. it gets easier..better. i'm so sorry you're hurting.
Old 02-14-2008, 10:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanx guys for all of your support and encouragement. I cried my eyes out last night, and I'm feeling a little better today, and thinking realistically. This forum is a big help, and Im thankful for all of you.
Old 02-15-2008, 04:44 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry to hear your pain. Looking at your post, is like looking in a mirror. I miss my husband so bad sometimes I think I'm going to die . All I can tell you, is o try and stay strong. The only thing I can focus on right now is my childrena and I make myself be strong for them. I'm sorry I'm not more help but I just wanted you to know that you are not alone.
Old 02-15-2008, 05:22 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
play the tape all the way thru

Butterfly,
I'm sorry you're dealing with this. Like blaze said above, I too feel like your post is exactly how I feel. You're not alone....all that I can offer is ((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))