SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   prayers needed (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/143806-prayers-needed.html)

liesagain 02-12-2008 04:56 PM

prayers needed

Please pray for my addict husband, he went back out today and he needs all the prayers you guys can give.........

havehope 02-12-2008 05:25 PM

Sending prayers for your husband and you. Try to turn him over to his HP.
HUGS

greeteachday 02-12-2008 05:27 PM

Oh lies, I am so sorry...I really am. Prayers that he pulls himself back up and gets back to recovery quickly...prayers that his HP protects him and prayers for comfort and strength for you. I hate addiction and what it does to good people. Hugs.

BBD 02-12-2008 05:28 PM

Prayers from New york for your hubby and you !!!

liesagain 02-12-2008 05:38 PM

thank you for your prayers

AS I sit here all I can think is dear God please dont let him die

and what happened to that guy this morning who said I love you and played with our dogs and seemed so fine ................how does he go from fine to gone so fast and why does it have to hurt so much

StillLearning1 02-12-2008 05:52 PM

(((Lies)))
So sorry- saying a prayer for you right now. If I may suggest something that helps me when I'm afraid? I listen to that song, "be not afraid" (alanon sponser recommended) and it helps with the fear and anxiety. (I google it- it's on my favorites now)

lightseeker 02-12-2008 06:00 PM

Liesagain,

I am so sorry to hear this. You and your husband are in my prayers. Take extra good care of yourself. I know that you are worried but maybe this time will be what shows him the way.

Keep us posted on how you are doing. Donna

bluebelle 02-12-2008 06:33 PM

Prayers for you and your husband.

mjpaao 02-12-2008 06:36 PM

(((lies)))
I'm so very sorry. My prayers are with your family tonight. The other night I heard Marie Osmond talking about her son who is in a rehab, she said she considers drug abuse to be a plague. That's the first time I"ve heard anyone use that term, except myself. I do believe it is a plague, and I'm sorry you are in pain because of it.
Stay with us, ok Lies? Keep posting, and let us know how you're doing.

mooselips 02-12-2008 07:36 PM

Prayers coming your way...
for you, and him....

CatsPajamas 02-12-2008 08:53 PM

prayers for you and for him. Are you able to go to some meetings? When I am really struggling, I've found it helps to step up my meetings.

Hugs...

Cats

cookconfay 02-12-2008 08:59 PM

Lies....I posted "to" you on Pennies....but you got prayers and hugs coming from out here! For all of ya'll! I know how bad you are hurting, and I know how bad he is hurting too! Been on BOTH FRICKIN SIDES of that deal! No sugar coatin it....it just sux! Hang in there hon.

liesagain 02-13-2008 03:20 AM

thank you to everyone who was here for me and thank you for your prayers
hes still MIA and noone has heard from him. I am trying to stay calm

thank you for being here last night, you know I have family and friends and many of them are aware of whats going on yet they cant possibily understand

they are mostly angry and keep asking what are you going to do

hell I dont know what to do for the next 5 minutes much less beyond that

anyhow thank you again you all mean more to me than words can say

marle 02-13-2008 04:39 AM

Sending more prayers for you and your husband. Take care of yourself, I know how much it hurts. Hugs, Marle

rahsue 02-13-2008 05:04 AM

you got it

Impurrfect 02-13-2008 05:26 AM

((((Lies))))

Sending you and him lots of hugs and prayers. I'm with Anvil....I've been that sane person one hour, and the crazy addict a few hours later. I've also watched someone I love decide he wanted to continue being an active addict and I walked away. It sux on both ends, and I'm sorry you are going through this.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy

HurtingDad 02-13-2008 08:17 AM

Everyone put it so well, because we all know the pain. Prayers for you and your husband. It's in the HP arena now.

Prayers...