Now he's sane and reasonable?

Old 02-11-2008, 01:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Now he's sane and reasonable?

I'm not kidding, Mr. Sane and Reasonable has emerged! I can't tell you how confused I've been all weekend. I have been talking to myself and reminding myself - respond don't react, over and over and over again. It's helping some. I'm going ahead with getting all my own things together so no matter which way the wind blows I will have my own stuff together.

I feel a little bad about not trusting this. But it's been months of depression, upset and outright manipulation. I am getting the house appraised officially, I have signed the papers, I have filled out the disclosure docs., I've been to the lender, I'm doing what I need to do to make sure I'm taking care of myself and my business, but I still don't understand this. What is this about? I know I should just accept it and go about my business, it's neither here nor there if he stays sane or gets crazy again - I still have to do what I have to do. I'm just thrown.

Anyone else experience this?
Old 02-11-2008, 01:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Don't worry, I'm sure Mr. Insane and Unreasonable will be back. Just stick with your boundaries and keep doing what your doing. You'll be fine. Its all part of the manipulation.
Old 02-11-2008, 01:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Keep the focus on you and be positive but prepared for anything. I see mr sane and reasonable from time to time, but his visits always seem to end to soon.
Old 02-11-2008, 01:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

yep - I've experienced this too....Mr. Sane and Reasonable dropping a bone - making you feel like there might be hope and that he can get it together. It's times like that that make me realize that my RAH is capable because I've seen him do it - but for any length of time? Nada. Especially, if I ever lower my guard with him. He senses when I've let him back into my heart and bammmm! Mr. Insane and Unreasonable back again. Just like clock work.

Glad to hear that you are taking care of yourself. Keep doing what you are doing.

Donna
Old 02-11-2008, 02:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am experiencing Mr. sane and reasonable right now. For the last two weeks he has been amazing, thoughtful, kind, understanding, productive....we are living apart, but have been seeing each other cautiously this last two weeks. I too am trying to continue what I need to do to keep MY stuff all good. I hope for both of us that Mr sane and resonablestays around for awhile...maybe forever? I know, I know...don't think ahead too far...enjoy the day!