Fabulous "US" Friday

Old 02-08-2008, 05:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Talking Fabulous "US" Friday

Hey gang, know what day it is?

Yup, it's another fabulous "us" Friday, when we get to do something very special just for ourselves. Sometimes Fabulous Us Fridays are so fabulous, they stretch right in to the weekend.

So stop in your fabulous tracks and think for a bit on what you can do that would be worthy of fabulous you.

I'll start because I'm so fabulous I'm bursting to get going.

I'm not working today, since I take most fabulous Fridays off, so I will get myself wrapped up and head out in the dead of winter, lol, and go find myself something "fabulous" to bring spring into my life...maybe some fabulous flowers, colourful and springlike, and buy myself a bouquet and maybe some tulips in a pot to bring hope of spring to my table.

I redid my bedroom recently and it's just screaming for some fabulous pictures to be hung, so I may treat myself to those as well and justify it as "home improvements"

I don't plan to spend a lot of money and I have all day to find myself just the right bargain that is worthy of a "Fabulous Friday".

Wooo Hooo!!! This codie is a woman on a mission!!!!!

How about you? Care to join me for a fabulous day?

Throw out some ideas, the day's still young and we can all use a little February pick-me-upper. Yeah...Fabulous February Friday that is all about US.
Old 02-08-2008, 05:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well, yes, i'm encorporating a little bit of work into basically a day off.

Even though i'm in cold, cold Michigan, my fabulous idea is to go out in the shed, get the potting soil inside, and start some flower seeds. They will sit and grow on the cedar chest which sits under the window that receives the morning sun....i'm speaking to the promise of the future on this one - that spring DOES come after the dark, cold days of winter. Hope springs eternal!!

Sue
Old 02-08-2008, 06:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

What a great idea, Sue!! We're probably experiencing the same un-fabulous weather and planting seeds of hope just sounds great...so great that I've added it to my list

Spring is on my mind today so that will be my theme. And seeds that can take this day all the way into spring is a fabulous idea!!

Old 02-08-2008, 06:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well, I didn't know this was a fabulous Friday. I had already had plans to go do some furniture shopping. This is the first year I've had a "real" decent paying job, and am going to be getting a nice tax refund. And, I've never owned a couch that wasn't owned by someone else before me, so it will be so nice to have a brand new couch! That is, until the cats and dogs get to it! Hehe.
<3, Vanessa
Old 02-08-2008, 06:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

A brand spankin' new couch would just do the trick for a Fabulous Vanessa Friday!!! You sound like your new life is just shining like you, so get out there girl, because you are SOOOOO worth it.

Heading out but will be back to check in, so keep those fabulous ideas coming.

Just thinking "spring" makes me feel fabulous already. 8
Old 02-08-2008, 10:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I started my fabulous friday a bit early last night when I found the drapes I was looking for...the just right ones that add the pizazz I was seeking for my freshly painted living room (my winter project is restoring my downstairs...windows, walls and floors...Dust galore, lol!) They require 3 levels of rods; I installed those last night and hung them. When I got up this morning I just sat for a few minutes in the dining room, looking out and admiring them.
Work today, but I am going now to take my lunch time walk along the canal, which rejuvinates me...then gym on the way home and after I admire my drapes again, lol, I think it is time to relax for the night and snuggle in with a good book.
Tomorrow I signed up for a class at the local home improvement store on installing tile flooring. I have done backsplashes, but this will be my first full flooring project, so I want to get some hints. I'm psyched!

Hope everyone has a fabulous US Friday and weekend!
Old 02-08-2008, 11:14 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Wow, Greet, I want your life. Sounds like a fabulous plan and like you got a good head start on all of us.

I treated myself to some fabulous tulips and daffodils in a pretty pot and some fresh flowers for my mantle and I have to admit it just gives my heart a lift. Hubby is working this weekend, so I am saving my "home improvement" shopping for tomorrow.

I also have a great new book, so if it's snowy and blowy I will snuggle in and read all day.

And you know, I don't know why I don't do something like this more often. It really didn't cost much and has helped cure my February blahs.

Hugs
Old 02-08-2008, 02:23 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'll soon be having a "mother-daughter" night out with my two daughters. My youngest is in Upwards basketball and her coach is a Mary Kay consultant. So she is having all the team and their mothers over for a "makeover" and some "Food and Fun". I am soooo looking forward to it and am not going to ruin it by thinking about what my AH may or may not be doing. I'm dedicating at least these two hours tonight to just me and my girls. I don't do that often enough, but I'm working on it.
Old 02-08-2008, 04:26 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

I decided this morning when I woke up that I would take a fabulous Friday-
off work.
Yes, I was scheduled to be there.
Yet, I woke up knowing that if I had to endure 1 more day around "people"...
So, I called in sick. Did I feel guilty?
Not like I use to. Not in the least, matter o' fact.
This recovery thing really works. lol
So, I spent my day inside, cuddling with my cat, Roscoe, reading an American Girl book for my next meeting for our bookclub, playing goofy computer games, and d.v.r.'ing Yentl, with Barbara Streisand. Love that movie.
Oh, and I cleaned the microwave oven.
The phone rang twice, one from an insurance company who wants my business, and the other a "poll" about cable tv ratings. I hung up on both.
Yay for me!

Hugs,
Linda
Old 02-08-2008, 04:27 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Wow, a mother/daughter makeover party, sound like fun and you will most certainly look fabulous.

It's great to do things like that with you kids, it's a memory in the making and a great night for all of you.

Hugs
Old 02-08-2008, 04:31 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by bookmiser View Post
So, I spent my day inside, cuddling with my cat, Roscoe, reading an American Girl book for my next meeting for our bookclub, playing goofy computer games, and d.v.r.'ing Yentl, with Barbara Streisand. Love that movie.
Oh, and I cleaned the microwave oven.

Hugs,
Linda
Roscoe and Toby sound like twins, Toby just loves it when I am home all day and curls up with me no matter where I go. When I am here at SR I often have to type with one hand because he wants up on my shoulder like a baby

A day at home is even better when we get to just book off work and make it all about us. Wooo Hooo, we need to do that more often.

Hugs to you and Roscoe
Old 02-08-2008, 04:39 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I finished the week of late night parent/teacher conferences! To celebrate, today was a half day of school and a group of us went out to lunch. It was fabulous to sit outside on the restaurant's patio and just relax!

Sending everyone some warmer weather very soon!!
Old 02-08-2008, 04:44 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Oh boy, what I'd give to sit on a patio having lunch in the sun. Sounds more than fabulous, it sounds like heaven.

Maybe blow some of that warm southern air north for us winter people

Hugs
Old 02-08-2008, 06:14 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Oh yum, I went to the MALL,
and bought a few things,
and a MOCHA COFFEE!

I LOVE Fabulous Fridays!
Old 02-08-2008, 07:13 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Well I worked today but did my favorite thing (not just a Friday thing). My husband and I take our five furbabies for a long walk on the snowy streets of our city. Not much traffic and there is nothing better than a crisp winter night with light snow falling. I love winter walks. Used to hate winter but I am finding real joy in it this year. Hugs, Marle
Old 02-08-2008, 09:46 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
A work in progress....

I finished buying the lighting, paint, and flooring for the Rockin' C, and my son and I bought fencing for a lot for our dogs. They have an actual BARN to sleep in! WOOHOO!! They won't know what to think!!
Old 02-09-2008, 12:57 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Mocha coffee....winter walks....the Rockin' C codie ranch....life just doesn't get more fabulous than that!!

:day4
Old 02-09-2008, 04:46 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Ann,

Good Morning.
I missed the Fabulous Friday... (you should have called me)
So, I am going to have a Simply Super Saturday...

I got up early, and made a whole pot of my favorite coffee....
I am catching up on all the SR posts, including all the jokes.
Sending emails to all my favorite cyber friends, watch a little TV...
Heck, I may not get dressed till NOON!!!!

Then, tonight a big boy/girl dinner with 2 of my human girlfriends, and their sometimes not-so-human husbands

But, my husband will be there too, and that always makes me smile.

Thanks Ann.
Satisfied with MY Saturday,
Colleen
Old 02-09-2008, 04:53 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I love going out for dinner Saturdays, but since Mr. Ann is working this weekend I'll just have to find something fabulous to cook.

And I'm heading out...first stop bank, lol...to buy something that screams "spring". Super Saturdays and Fabulous Fridays just get my feet moving

Hugs
Old 02-09-2008, 05:24 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Missed Friday. But working on Fab. Saturday. Going out to see if I can figure out what to do with all our downed huge huge pine trees from the windstorm. Isn't using a chainsaw like using an electric knife? My daughters say NO!!!! They are buried in snow in Chicago and Wisconsin. Two yard sales today-gots to go!!!!!!! Then doggie day around here-bake doggie biscuits, go for a hike (2 dogs will behave) other is still under house arrest. 3 pups may get to go out in a playpen.

Attention Snowbirds-daffys are up here and should begin to bloom in a couple wks. Spring must be on the way.