SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   Daughter went to Detox tonight again! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/143455-daughter-went-detox-tonight-again.html)

sickatheart 02-07-2008 09:28 PM

Daughter went to Detox tonight again!

I told some of you on my earlier posts my daughter kristina went to a detox 3 wks ago and after 8 days she took off with a/bf to do dope again.

She was gone oout on the streets for 12 days. Of course she finally calls mom for help to go back to rehab when she's desperate.

So I picked her up brought her home she made the arrangements and I took her back to Princeton House again! This time she says she knows she needs long time help and plans on going immediately from detox to a 39 day and after that probably a 6 month halfway house(which I think she could definitely benifit from. So well see I'm trying to havehope but not too much hope (if you know what I mean)

I told her if she takes off agan with a/bf don't call me! This is the last chance she has to really straighten out if she ever wants to come back home. I made it very clear to her DETOX ,REHAB and then some.

I pray everyday with the help of her HP she will find her way!

Thanks to all of you for all of your encouragement and support!

Joanne

caileesnana 02-08-2008 05:42 AM

Glad she is safe and trying. I hope she continues. You remain in my thoughts and prayers.
susan
:praying

Impurrfect 02-08-2008 05:43 AM

(((Joanne)))

Sending you and the rest of your family hugs and prayers. I hope she really wants recovery....it's not easy, but it is so much better!

Amy

grateful2b 02-08-2008 07:52 AM

:praying

SoberAndy 02-08-2008 09:34 AM

That's terrific. I hope she carries through. Best of luck.

Ann 02-08-2008 11:25 AM

I'm glad she is trying again too. Maybe she needed this last run to realize how badly she needs help.

I'm sure it's a relief to you to have her safe again.

Hugs

Spiritual Seeker 02-08-2008 01:05 PM

YEA !!! Thinking positive for Kristina and you too Joanne.
We know getting sober is not a straight line. But as long as the walk continues there is lots of hope in your situation.

SoberAndy 02-08-2008 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by sickatheart (Post 1665923)
She was gone oout on the streets for 12 days. Of course she finally calls mom for help to go back to rehab when she's desperate.

I told her if she takes off agan with a/bf don't call me! This is the last chance she has to really straighten out if she ever wants to come back home. I made it very clear to her DETOX ,REHAB and then some.

"Desperate" can be another way of saying "hitting bottom". That's a good thing.

You're wise to tell her not to tell her not to call if she takes off again. That's her choice. She has to deal with the consequences.

mooselips 02-08-2008 06:22 PM

heart,
I SOOO pray this is her time for recovery.

Hugs, and prayers

marle 02-08-2008 07:09 PM

Sending prayers that this is her time. Hugs, Marle