What do sceam or cry

Old 02-07-2008, 09:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What do sceam or cry

Hello all!!
First I am sorry for not posting in a while, I do read often and find myself thinking of all from way back when and all the new people that have found this wonderful place.
FLASBACK: My NOW XH is my A, I left in 2006 and divorce was final in 07 I got 95% custody and dropped RO. (or let it end). I have cut most codie ties, but still a codie.

Update now he lost job, apartment and TrucK (which was in my name as well) He rents an apartment in the back lot. He has his own place got a job at a gas station and was doing really well, sober pushing forward and trying to improve. WELL, not thescream or cry part.....he got pneumonia in Dec/Jan would not resolve and went in the hosiptal. got out yesterday and tells me today he is HIV +... OMG what the @#*@^* does it ever end, all I can think about is you jerk, now for the rest of our lives my 4 year old little girl and I have to be tested. when I sit and think about it i shake. I was tested today and am Negative. It really is not a worry that we are effected medically I already scheduled my therapy apt as well and little girl wil be tested next week, made that apt today too. But WOW. I really thought life was moving forward I was letting go of alot of the anger and hurt and was moving forward.

I guess I am just wondering if any of you have dealt with this hurdle in this world. It is funny I was thinking tonight of the crazy things I ahve learned over the past several years... Like how to track someone down with the ATM use, looked at copper shavings and Glass Roses from gas stations in a whole nother light. What it is like to plan a funeral in your head for a physically healthy person etc, now even though I am a nurse What else will I have to get to know.

Thank you for listening to me and being here, I do not know how I would have made it through all the tough times without you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alone
Old 02-07-2008, 09:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi there...I am soooo sorry for the pain and anger you are feeling now. I have not been in your circumstances, so I can not really share any thoughts or experiences, but I felt so bad as I read your post...What a difficult thing to have to go through. I can understand why you are so angry and I am glad you came here to let it out. You and your little girl are in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 02-07-2008, 11:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Such a violation, I am so sorry. Whether they are addicts, or just philanderers, having unprotected sex or exposing themselves in other ways - to turn around and expose someone else who did NOT make a choice, with full knowledge, to accept the mortal consequences is such a violation. Prayers and hugs for you and your daughter. Wish I had something more comforting to offer. It's not right.
Old 02-07-2008, 11:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Dear Alone -

I do understand your fear and pain.

My ex husband tested positive for Hep C after trying to give blood while I was
pregnant with my younger son. We have both been tested mutliple times and always negative. Same result should be for you. I think that you and your daughter will be ok as long as there is no sexual contact between you and your husband after a six month clean test for you. If your daughter is not an infant anymore and was tested she should be fine too.
If there is contact, I am hopeful that you will test again. Past that you should be home free..

Should clarify, that I am not in the medical profession and speak only to my own experience here. Questions? Call a Doctor!
Old 02-09-2008, 12:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Alone (you're not, by the way)

I am so sorry to hear what you are going through. With regards to the medical issues, get your hands on everything you can to educate yourself. This will help you so much and allow you to answer any questions your daughter may have as well.

The disappointment echoes through every part of you, body and soul. Been there, done that. Keep your head up. My husband contracted Hep C and is now 12 weeks into the 52 week program. It's hard as hell on him, and now he's losing his hair, so of courses now he just shaved it off (I don't blame him a bit!) Worst part - he's in prison going through this all and I am unable to be with him to lend support.

Hang in there and stay strong!
Tracy