The Sorry Card came ...

Old 02-04-2008, 06:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile The Sorry Card came ...

On New years Day , two years of living with my AN everything came to a head . As painful as it was my mom finally agreed for me to put my foot down and tell her she had to go . I changed the locks and my mom dropped off my niece at a detox , from there she went to a shelter .

Last week she sent us a card and apologized for everything . She said she is thankful for everything we have done . I am happy for her and mostly happy for my mom . My mom mother was sick with her addiction . I don't think my mom realized how upset she was through all this . My mother felt soo guilty that she couldn't save her . Then ontop of that she would feel soo horribly for enabling her . A couple months ago my mom attended a Naranon meeting , she come home feeling pretty upbeat about things .

My niece is going to court over five counts of trafficking cocaine . This is where her six years of addiction put her. She is trying to get into a six month program , she is attending meetings everyday . I truly hope she can make it this time . She isn't sure if she can get into a program right now because of the charges . Then last week her lawyer dropped a bomb on her that the crown was asking for three to five years ! My nieces lawyer said she would for sure see a jail cell for at least one to three years . I felt bad hearing the three to five years but maybe just maybe that will be the end of her addiction . If she had three years clean under her belt , she could come out and do something with her life .

Coming here to just read , has helped my family soo much , I am a single mom and working nightshift I don't really get much time to myself at all !! SR has saved my mind many times and helped me , help my mom through all this . I should make the time to go to some meetings with my mom in the future . IO have truly learned soo much from everyone here and for that I want to say . and a great BIG :ghug3 to everyone going through the hell of their loved ones addiction .
Old 02-04-2008, 06:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

((mewoman))

Perhaps this is what it takes for your niece to learn her life lessons and find recovery. It sounds like you and your mother are doing better. Going to meetings saved my life, pure and simple. I know I could never have survived the hell that was my life without them.

I agree, SR is a wonderful place as well. It's good to be able to have a reality check 24/7. It's good to know we aren't alone as we struggle with the choices our loved ones make.

Hugs

Cats
Old 02-04-2008, 09:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm sorry to hear this. You did everything you could. Her fate is the result of the choices that she made. She knew the penalties for selling drugs were stiff, but did it anyway.

My prayers go out to you and your family.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks for letting us know what is going on. I think you have the right attitude and I hope that she keeps moving forward. We never know what HP has planned..I always try to remember, not my way, his way.