Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Substance Abusers
Reload this Page >

Please help My sister has stolen $2,000 from my parents credit card what can we do?

Please help My sister has stolen $2,000 from my parents credit card what can we do?

Old 09-12-2015, 02:30 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Old but relevant and similar situation here. Alkie/addict was caught using someone else's credit card number from small amounts months at a time. Apparently after being helped out with a bill the alkie/addict told that same business use the credit card number that used to get them caught up. It's about 50 dollars a month. The card owner doesn't want to confront them yet. I told them they at least have to tell the addict/alkie they've been caught and it should be considered stealing. They are afraid of confrontation and pushing them over the edge. I told them by not confronting them at least once they are enabling theft. And the addict/alkie is one always testing your boundaries and being given an inch will take mileS.
Old 09-13-2015, 05:30 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

prosecute .... forget that it's a family member. You may stop them from doing this to others. And enabling their addiction. One step closer to death, $50 at a pop.