Step Study - Step 2

Old 11-03-2008, 06:40 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
krhea75

I am late to this thread, but right on time for me. I am going through the steps again and finding them so much more helpful right now. I'm not sure why, but maybe it has something to do with readiness. My AS is going to jail and I have been stripped of many of my expectations and hopes for him.

I have known God for a long time, but my picture of God has been immature. If i do this, God will give me what I want. Now I am seeing that God is not Santa Clause. he is God, the giver of life and love and all good things. But he doesn't make the bad go away because I've been a good girl. So my view of God is changing. Just like I am changing. I'm not sure where it is going, but I know it is a more firmly grounded understanding than I've had. Old habits die hard, so I know that i will have to fight the "Santa clause" temptation.

I firmly believe that we are here to learn to love each other inspite of our many weaknesses and failings. Just as God loves us.

I love the line: "we are powerless, but we are not helpless, and we are not alone." This really jumped out at me. coming to this site every day helps remind me of the fact that many are facing what I am facing. some do a lot better job at this whole detaching thing than I do, but they are helping me by encouragement and example. We are not helpless.

krhea