Newbeee...Trying to quit coke!!

Old 01-30-2008, 01:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Newbeee...Trying to quit coke!!

Heyyy I'm totally new on this site...I came on here to try and find some help to stop using.I've been using coke for the past 7,8 months.I have a 1 year old son and he is my everything!! I want to do this for him..and I know I can.The hardest part is my boyfriend is using coke too.I don't know what to do anymore.I've tryed that "I am leaving" thing,but he says he'll quit.Well Just recently we got into a bad argument and it was about me wanting to quit using coke.I told him how I don't want him to do it either.It's ruining our relationship and I don't want us to be drug parents! Thats just not me.So I decided to flush the rest of the coke we had..and throw everything we use it with away! That was the start.Only did I think it was.I just wish my boyfriend didn't work with drug dealers at his work!! Well next day he brought some home....I was pissed and then started relizing...I don't know if he can quit this by himself.I had a erge and I was stressed out with all my problems in my life and decided to do some.I was so mad at myself after doing that.All I do is think and it drives me nuts.I'm just tired of this drug trying to control me!! I need some advise on what to do....Im just unsure anymore.....
Old 01-30-2008, 03:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

Hi and welcome to SR. you might want to post in the "substance abuse" forum, this is the family and friends OF substance abusers, not that we wouldn't love to help but I think the other forum might be what you're looking for
I am the mother of an addict, so any advice or support I give would come from experience in watching my son. In some of the other forums you will find addicts that can guide you in the right direction for your recovery.
And when you do, come back and talk to us we are great at support.

good luck in your recovery
Old 01-30-2008, 03:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Jess, it is a very hard process to quit using, and staying with someone who is still using is like living with a time bomb...as you have already found out.

You can't make him stop, lord knows we've all tried to get our addicts to stop but it just doesn't work that way. We've begged, cried, tried to control and done everything you can think of to try and it just doesn't work. If loving an addict made a whit of difference, not one of us would be here.

Right now you need to decide what you need to to to stop and stay stopped. Coming here was a good start, and going to NA meetings would help you more than you could know.

You have a little one year old who needs at least one sober parent. Living in a house where there are drugs is very dangerous for a child, they get into places you would never dream of, and if they found the drug they would die.

Please keep reaching out. You might find the support you need a little more appropriate up on the Substance Abuse or NA forum, or try Newcomers, it's always a great place to start. There are many there who have been where you are and who would be happy to tell you what worked for them.

Wishing you well, and I really hope you can find a better way to live.

Hugs