Rehab Info

Old 01-27-2008, 06:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Rehab Info

Hi, I am looking for any kind of input as to any affordable rehans in NJ or PA for my Heroin addicted 19 rear old daughter. I called Clear Haven in Canada because it said something aabout $500. a month. That was a joke. The cost of a 90 day inpatient rehab is 20,500. We just don't have that kind of money. Ins. will only cover a 28 day program. I really believe she needs at least a 90 day program.

Does anyone know of any affordable programs for drug addiction? Unfortunately in my experience help comes at a very high price tag$$$$
If you don't have the money how do you get the help your addict needs?

NA is an excellent program, but I believe my daughter needs more than that, at least to start. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sickatheart
Old 01-27-2008, 07:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

The Salvation Army program is excellent and is free. My son has been to these a couple of times and each time he maintained sobriety for at least a year...not perfect in a mother's eyes but quite an accomplishment for an addict who struggles.

Most of their programs are 90 days and they have some that are longer.

I don't think the program matters as much as the addict's willingness to work it.

Hugs
Old 01-27-2008, 08:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I agree with Ann. It is not the cost, it is the willingness. Why are you making the calls? Is it because she is willing or are you just getting prepared in case she becomes willing. If your expectation is that you will find a rehab and she will be ready, you may be waiting for quite a while. The better alternative would be to have numbers ready and give them to her when she is willing. Hugs, Marle
Old 01-27-2008, 08:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

I tried that.
Found a nice rehab, placed my son in it, he didn't last long, made it to the halfway house, and vamoose, gone.

What I learned was you cannot help a person, that doesn't want the help.

My younger son found sobriety when he was sentenced to 6 month court ordered rehab, and then 3 months of jail.

Don't knock yourself out, this is HER recovery.

Hugs,
Prayers for you, and your daughter....
Old 01-27-2008, 01:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

As a legal adult, she can also apply for govt disability to help pay the costs. Many of these places also have a sliding scale for people with no income. The official cost for the rehab my 19 year old step-daugther is in is $6K per month currently being paid for by insurance. She wants to stay for several more months than insurance will pay. We checked and they will only charge $3K per month since she is an adult and has no money.

In-patient rehab is best, but there are other alternatives such as full day out-patient programs. Check those out too.
Old 01-27-2008, 05:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I would check with your local mental health department. My son went thru a 28-day program as an indigent addict and then into a halfway house. Unfortunately, the halfway house was about a block from his old using turf, so he didn't stay clean for too long. He eventually found his way into another program thru the county and could have stayed as long as 90 days, but he left after 7 days AMA. He finally was able to get clean after doing some time in jail.

Help is out there for your daughter if she's ready and willing to seek it.

hugs and prayers ~

deedee
Old 01-27-2008, 05:57 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I didn't see the connection to the other thread. Going back to rehab definitely looks like the best option for your daughter. She wasn't ready to leave the first one. Good luck.