Funny thing happened on the way to the shower...

Old 01-24-2008, 10:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

Funny thing happened on the way to the shower...

While on-line looking for a coloring picture to copy and use for storytime
at work tonight, my daughter i.m's me. We start having a messaging conversation. Then my son starts with the texts. Outta the blue, phone rings and it's hubby for support. He didn't get the General Manager position.
So, now I'm caught in the middle of these people.
I swear! Where would they be if they didn't have me to talk to?
I feel like I'm being pulled in a hundred different directions.
Luckily, with so much recovery under my belt...
I stayed on the phone with hubby and offered my condolences, love,
and support. Got off the phone and told daughter I would call her later during my "lunch" break, and texted the egghead and told him to get a life. lol
Not really. Just that I needed to work and that he should think about doing the same.
I'm exhausted from running from one loved ones crisis to another.
Now, I have to put on my happy face and go make money that I have to give to other people. (debts) I need some leave me alone time.
I love life,
Linda
Old 01-24-2008, 10:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I hear ya Bookie...I really do.
I had a day like that last week.
Lets just say that AS needed financial advice (don't spend it unless you have it) Sis called with the same (same advice given) Daughter called with an MIA dog that followed the neighbors cows that had run loose (OK that one threw me).
I stopped answering the phone.
Somedays I wish they were never invented. I now cliam my cell phone is dead all the time...must be a bad battery lol
Hang in there Bookie
(((Hugs)))
Old 01-24-2008, 01:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

((Books)))
I say this with all the love in my heart...YOU DON"T HAVE to answer those calls.

Give yourself a boundary, answer every other day to start. Let the others figure out their own problems. (NOT counting your hubby...who I'm very sad didn't get the darn job)

Darn, I was so hoping he'd get the job!

Well, when one door closes, another opens...

Hugs,
Old 01-24-2008, 02:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

sorry he didn't get the job. i know he is disappointed. the kids? at least you know where they are, & what they are doing......lol..... hang in there linda.
Old 01-24-2008, 03:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bookmiser View Post
I'm exhausted from running from one loved ones crisis to another.
Now, I have to put on my happy face and go make money that I have to give to other people. (debts) I need some leave me alone time.
I love life,
Linda
me too...crisis to crisis... So i hit a coda meeting last night... then my AGF and ASponsee both showed up there behind me...gaaaa!!!

somebody call the codie police!!!

I cant really tell the difference between them and me, at some point... Im ready to build a mote, with aligators! around the fortress walls, which already have pots of boiling oil ready to dump on some poor unfortunate. Do I have to teach them to read the do not disturb sign...???

Its strange.... I know somewhere there in the center there IS me... But boundries... hmm... i understand patience and tolerence, and have good and caring relationships with them both... But the urge to throw up all my defenses at once is kickin pretty hard. Thats no good for my other program, or my recovery either...

Last edited by Aa_vark; 01-24-2008 at 03:28 PM.
Old 01-25-2008, 07:51 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

LOL LOL LOL oh my gosh, you guys really do live the same life I do.

The other day Mr. Rahsue asked me a question about one of the kids personal life and I said, "how should I know" he then said to me that I always know everything that goes on in everyones life. I answered "NOT ANYMORE". felt darn good to say that to him.
Old 01-25-2008, 07:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

i its funny how we take so much pride in knowing SO much when it comes to our children or our hubbies but when they RELY on all we know it becomes such a heavy load, i always tell my kids that the more they look after on their own the more powerful they become but i look at all i take care of and i feel weak!!I just want to be looked after sometimes!!