I feel MISERABLE and need HOPE

Old 01-21-2008, 01:07 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

I'm right there with ya! I quit at least 20 times in my life, the longest I went was (get this) 5 yes 5 years and went back. It's all the stress crap. I've quit for 6 months, another time 6 weeks,and 6 days heck even 6 hours. I've tried that new pill chantix twice. that pill works great but my stress level was just more powerful. I still plan on quitting one of these days.
So you hang in there and don't be like me, lol, you can do it.
Old 01-21-2008, 02:44 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

FYI...Oprah is having a special on quitting smoking Tues. the 22nd.
Old 01-21-2008, 03:38 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

I'm not sure but maybe something in here may help?

Nicotine Anonymous (and Meeting Finder)
Nicotine Anonymous- A 12 Step Program offering support to those who want to quit cigarettes and quit smoking and stop other forms of tobacco and nicotine addiction. Formerly smokers anonymous.

Smoke Free
Smokefree.gov

Try to Stop
TryToStop.Org
Old 01-21-2008, 03:42 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post
just like an addict trying to quit drugs........one day at a time, one hour at a time if need be!
Nods
:day4
Yup,
It's hard, but you can do it!
Old 01-21-2008, 07:54 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Power is not having to respond

kayM, I tried the hypnosis thing too. I loved being under. Problem is I cant STAY under 24 hrs a day!

sleepygoat, I have a script for chantix in my purse. I am saving up for it. It costs 130.00 at CVS and 127.00 at Wal Mart. I have watched 2 people at work quit with in 2 weeks. It's amazing. I know that is going to be my next step.

It's all that horrid anxiety! You know how that goes. Once you start feeling anxious, it's like a huge snowball effect. Controllling the anxiety is difficult for me only when I quit smoking. How absolutely absurd is that? Do something GOOD for myself and it makes me insane, LOL!

rasue- gee, I wonder why we would go back to smoking after that long? IT just seems to me that if I could just get 3 months under my belt I would be ok for life. But, I hear this all the time. People quit for years then start back. My mom had a friend that quit when he was 50 and started back when he was 60. With in 2 years of smoking again he got lung cancer and died from it.
It's so darn insane. It is with out a doubt the most difficult drug to quit.

I broke down today, but I will try again. I think I will get that script though and at least I will have a fighting chance.
Darn, you know, even after 24 hours you feel like a completely different healthy energized person too.

THANK YOU ALL
Old 01-21-2008, 07:55 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Power is not having to respond

kayM, I tried the hypnosis thing too. I loved being under. Problem is I cant STAY under 24 hrs a day!

sleepygoat, I have a script for chantix in my purse. I am saving up for it. It costs 130.00 at CVS and 127.00 at Wal Mart. I have watched 2 people at work quit with in 2 weeks. It's amazing. I know that is going to be my next step.

It's all that horrid anxiety! You know how that goes. Once you start feeling anxious, it's like a huge snowball effect. Controllling the anxiety is difficult for me only when I quit smoking. How absolutely absurd is that? Do something GOOD for myself and it makes me insane, LOL!

rasue- gee, I wonder why we would go back to smoking after that long? IT just seems to me that if I could just get 3 months under my belt I would be ok for life. But, I hear this all the time. People quit for years then start back. My mom had a friend that quit when he was 50 and started back when he was 60. With in 2 years of smoking again he got lung cancer and died from it.
It's so darn insane. It is with out a doubt the most difficult drug to quit.

I broke down today, but I will try again. I think I will get that script though and at least I will have a fighting chance.
Darn, you know, even after 24 hours you feel like a completely different healthy energized person too.

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE TREMENDOUS SUPPORT. I will just keep plugging along. Teach, I hope to be back at the NIC forum soon.
Old 01-22-2008, 07:22 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

(((WW)))

Well, I was doing good, but while I was at work early this morning, we got robbed (yep...guns and everything). No one was hurt and they didn't get my tip money (I'm a server), but I darn sure reached for a cigarette as soon as the cops let us.

I plan to finish this pack and try to quit again.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy