SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   Allow me to (re)introduce myself! To those of you who DON'T know me. (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/142023-allow-me-re-introduce-myself-those-you-who-dont-know-me.html)

Lalaleah 01-19-2008 04:56 PM

Allow me to (re)introduce myself! To those of you who DON'T know me.

Hi,

My name is Leah and I have been a long time member of the SR friends and fam community. I was married to an addict. No need to go into the horrible details of things that happened with him, since we all know..an addict is an addict is an addict, right?

I separated from him in 2006 and after the separation (and much support from SR!) I sort of stepped away from all things related to addiction. I was overwhelmed by the thought of it and wanted to start a new life without any remembrance of what addiction had done to it.

Now, as time allows, i would like to take a step back in to help others who are in the shoes I was once in. Though I am no longer with the addict,and have done a lot of work to change my codependant ways,addiction will ALWAYS be a part of my life because it changed my life forever. (Most of it is a good change at this point, but the memories I have of it are not so good).

I can move on with my life, but I can't deny that part of it, therefor I want to use it to help others.

Nice to meet you all! =0))

:Val004:

Ann 01-19-2008 05:02 PM

That's nice, Leah, giving back what was given to you.

After a fair amount of recovery, and even after our lives get balanced again, I know it helps me every time a newcomer comes through the door because it reminds me of where I have been and why I don't want to go back there again.

Welcome back, Leah, we saved your chair.

Hugs

lightseeker 01-19-2008 05:03 PM

Leah,

I've missed you and am really glad that you've come back. It does help to have some ESW - addiction is so prevelant and there is so much pain that comes with it. It is sure to help to have someone around that has been through and now is on the other side. Good for you for continuing to work on your issues.

Welcome back! Donna

hope213 01-19-2008 06:37 PM

welcome back. you have alot to share because you walked through it. i am glad to see you happy today. hugs,

p.s. you are a pretty girl, you remind me of my god daughter.

cmc 01-19-2008 07:15 PM

Hi, it's great to see you back! :)

Wascally Wabbit 01-19-2008 08:16 PM

I left my addict husband 2 years ago. It is from this experience we have, that we walked that road, that we can help others!
Glad you're here.

kj21 01-19-2008 09:07 PM

Thank you! I can use all the advice I can get! i have been seperated for 4 months and have a ways to ge yet.

Hangin' In 01-19-2008 09:29 PM

Well, hey there, Lalaleah....long time, no see. Glad you are back.

As we say in our meetings, "You can't keep it (recovery) unless you give it away." Glad you're going to give.

Hugs,
Hangin' In

greeteachday 01-20-2008 08:33 AM

Glad to see you Leah! Thanks for coming back to share your ESH. I am glad too that your life is going welll and you keep working on you. Hugs