I knew the **** would hit the fan!!!

Old 01-18-2008, 08:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Cool I knew the **** would hit the fan!!!

Since my 18 year old AD has been doing good, I could not help but wonder when it would end....well, since she wrecked my car in our driveway she has been at my mothers, she did not want to have to deal with me since I had been just disgusted!!!! Something else for me to have to pay for!! Anyway!! A lady called from Kroger to set up an interview last night so I called my mother and told her to tell Lauren to call them, which she did and has an interview at 12:00 today and she went somewhere last night and told my mother she would be home around midnight, well I was woke this morning at 8 with a phone call form my mother wanting to know if Lauren was here, I looked out and no she was not!! But the last time she actually had a job and had to be there at whatever time she ended up at a meth house!! She just does not want to work and I don't understand!! I tried to call her once and she would not answer then she texted me and told me she is fine and going to the interview at 12 but I truly doubt it very seriously!!! My mother told me I should drive through the parking lot a little after 12 to see if she is there,but you know what difference does it make??? I know deep down that she would not go to a job interview with no make up and yesterdays clothes!! I know a lady that has been working at that store for close to 15 years and had thought last night that I should call her and see if she could help Lauren get the job but then I realized I am not doing that she is too unreliable!!! So it looks as the calmness was just the quiet before the storm begins!!
Old 01-18-2008, 08:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
On a tear

(((Obsessed))) What *I* see, is that you are picking up the tools of the program and not interfering. You are letting Lauren reap the consequences of her own actions... this is a LESSON in the making.

As another mom, it really, really helps me to look at these things this way.

Holding you up in prayer.... sending prayers for strength, for peace and for wisdom.

((hugs))
Old 01-18-2008, 08:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
BBD

Hi Obsessed, As moms we always look for the good but one thing I have learned (and it took a long while)) is to stay our of my sons business. I'm still learning but I can't be resonsible for him anymore. Too much money has gone his way and if I had only gotten the picture sooner~~~~who knows. Try not to worry (Yeah!!)))) and take care f yourself. Big hugs, Bonnie
Old 01-18-2008, 08:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Sorry, Obsessed....but don't let your hope be dashed...stand back, get some perspective, let her live her own consequences...
-sending another mom's prayers
Old 01-18-2008, 09:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I have gotten to the point where I care but I don't!!! I guess you could say MY GIVE A DAMN IS BUSTED!!! I worry but there is nothing I can do!! The stuff she does truly amazes me at times!! She is the biggest con artist I have ever seen!! I smile and shake my head ALOT!!!
Old 01-18-2008, 09:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

If you have gotten the point that you worry, but there is nothing you can do, then take it to the next step, stop worrying because worrying will do nothing. Hope that makes sense. My daughter has told me that her addiction is not just about using drugs. It is the whole lifestyle of not having to take responsibility for herself, get a job and make something of her life. So your daughter sabotaging a job opportunity by getting high is quite normal for the addict. Hugs, Marle
Old 01-18-2008, 09:24 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Originally Posted by obsessed View Post
I have gotten to the point where I care but I don't!!! I guess you could say MY GIVE A DAMN IS BUSTED!!! I worry but there is nothing I can do!! The stuff she does truly amazes me at times!! She is the biggest con artist I have ever seen!! I smile and shake my head ALOT!!!
actually that is not a bad place to be the more truthful and accepting we are about where they are, makes it easier for us to get out of the way and not be a part of the problem. won't say it feels better, tho' does provide some relief .....
Old 01-18-2008, 10:18 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm sorry, but not surprised. Seems they all follow the same cycle, or at least the ones like our AD's who really don't want off the roller coster!

your in my thoughts and prayers,
susan