Warning, Grrrr

Old 01-17-2008, 02:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Angry Warning, Grrrr

I went to GNC the other day, and asked about some vitamins cause my energy has been really low since I've been sick. They showed me some and also told me to try this energy drink that is all natural and much better than the other ones. Told me it was really good for you, had lots of vitamins in it.

I saw Green Tea and 5-HTP and those are good for you.

lol, Remember Rumba.

You only need to drink half the bottle, etc. etc. etc.

I drank a little more but not much than half the bottle and omg, it's worse than crack or meth..... I looked it up online after I've been dying here....
And it's called and known as "Crack in a Bottle"

People are ending up in the hospital from this.

I only felt like this once or twice when I took too much meth, I saw one guy say he had a heart attack whether or not it's true, I'm not sure.

Teens are way into this drink of course, but you have to be 18 to buy it.

It should be taken off the martket.
I am way used to cafeeinne, this is like nothing I've ever tried.

You think if you go to GNC that your safe right?

Wrong....

I feel like a total idiot......It is all natural but this stuff is bad.

It's called Redline.....

Just wanted to let you know. My Mom was just telling me she heard about it and how good it was for you. She drinks Rockstar. That scared the hell out of me. This could seriously hurt my mom....

I'm sticking to water and b12 from now on... No more energy drinks.

(Yea i know it's my own fault)

Just letting you all know because it's getting really popular.
Old 01-17-2008, 02:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Energy Drink Reviews: Redline Energy Rush
Old 01-17-2008, 03:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Thanks anvil, I'm waiting for people to tell me how dumb I am, so thank you for not.

Cuz yea when I read it's called Crack in a bottle, it made me want to throw up...

If it wasn't so bad and I wasn't so totally freaking out right now, I wouldn't post this.

but i would rather warn people because this stuff is soo bad.

my hands are shaking so bad, sweating, if i dont calm down I may actually go to the hospital. i'm that scare.d
Old 01-17-2008, 03:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

done, let us know how u r & do not take any chances, please!!!!
Old 01-17-2008, 04:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Done,
I hope we hear from you soon, telling us that you're ok. It amazes me what is on the market these days, think about it, Done, you know what you're doing, what about a kid that doesn't??? I bet there are a lot of fake id's involved here, what a shame. Tell you how dumb you are??? I think not. You have done us a srevice (again!) posting about this nasty stuff. (((((done)))))
Old 01-17-2008, 04:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
To Life!

(((Done)))

I'm sorry...
I'm glad you posted...
And no one's gonna call you dumb!

Shalom!
Old 01-17-2008, 04:55 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

aw Done, don't feel bad, girl...how were you supposed to know? after all you went into a store that sells natural health products.....thanks for giving us the heads up and take it easy.
Old 01-17-2008, 07:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
BBD

Hey Done~~Hope you check in soon so we know your OK~~~~Crack in a bottle~ Thats assinine!! And you wonder why the younger generation is going to be more messed up than the previous one. I can't stand whats going on nowadays!! Just walk through a school and LOOK!!!!!! drives me batty. Hope your Ok Smiles, Bonnie
Old 01-17-2008, 07:40 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
hbb
Live, Laugh, Love

I could be wrong but i believe that's been taken off the shelfs here on the East Coast. It does sound dangerous. Hope your feeling okay
Old 01-17-2008, 07:41 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
On a tear

Here's how MY addict head works...

I went to read up on what the ingrediants were.... and found a bunch of comments about it being a fat burner, and actually gave some thought to trying it!

Gaaaahhhh!!!! Stupid, stupid, stupid! (not you, ME!)

(((Done))) Thanks for the head's up!
Old 01-17-2008, 08:14 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

ugh, i'm not as bad, but not good. oh yea, btw, after i posted, i decided ot cllean my room and found one of my old peepper sprays and I didnt think that it workeed so I sprayed it into a paper bad. It worked, damn, cuz it backfired into my face.

Grrr, that stuff is terrible. it burns your thraot and eyes. I did it before though, so i know from the ambulence and paramedics what your supposed to do.
las t time i did it I was at work, and i did it reallybad, so we had to call 911, and everyone had to come and treat our customers, and me cuz i sprayedx it right in my face. (Yes my boss, had my head)
so i just did what they did then pretty much but my own way.
but all shaky,

i finally went to the store and had my blookd pressure done it is 145/90 and by pusle is 148. my blood pressure is usually 100/70. i told the pharmasict and she said oh yea! REDLINE, peopl die from that stuff, it gives you heart attacks.... it's bad, it used ot not be on the market but its back on.
she said drinks lots and lots of water, and if you chest starts to get tight that's probably the signe of a heart tattakc call 911. Uh thanks?
but im fine, no heart attacks here. it's okay.

i read on bottle it does not give how much of each ingredient is in there, i think maybe that why it might hurt some and not some, who knows.
i also read it's never been tested on humans, just RATS......

oh yea, i've had the worst hiccups all day, but they hurt, never had em like this before....

i never had this even on meth, meth was different, but not like this. this is crazy weird.

Big Sis, lol, i know what you mean, when i was reading all the fat loss stuff, my ED brain, was even thinking well.... If I tried it again, and only took a few sips maybe.. I wouldn't ever no way, but i can't believe the things that happen up there.
Scary thing is bars are mixing this with alcohol....
this Evodiamine is so much strong than ephedrine. I've tried alot of stuff over my years, even stuff made for horses, and nothing like this has ever compard. I thought i was immune to cafeinne buzz

ill be awake for 16 days i think:puppet and my throat is burnt now, and my eyes hurt....

lol, my mom says, AND YOU WONDER WHY I WORRRY, OMG..

I guess this is what is so strong in it.

Evodiamine is a bioactive alkaloid extract from a plant called Evodiae Fructus. This is a Chinese herb named Wu-Chu-Yu that Chinese herbalist have used for centuries as a weight loss supplement. No known human studies have been published to date.

Based on studies done in laboratories using isolated cells and rodents, evodiamine can raise body temperature, inhibit the growth and metastases of certain cancer cells in vitro, influence the metabolism of certain drugs, and influence the secretion of catecholamines from the adrenal glands.

Evodiamine stimulates the vanilloids to reduce the uptake of fat and increase the natural rate of burning fat. Recent scientific studies have backed up this traditional knowledge. Mammals fed a high-fat diet plus evodiamine actually lose, rather than gain weight.

This herbal extract is a mild, yet remarkable stimulant that has shown positive energy and diuretic characteristics. Even more exciting is its unique ability to significantly elevate the production of body heat and increase resting core temperature. This thermogenic effect may lead to an increase in the calories and fat that are burned for energy. Evodiamine could be one of the biggest breakthroughs in thermogenesis to date.

Since there have been no human studies done, the recommended dosage can not be determined. Like with all dietary supplements, it is recommended that you consult a professional health care provider before using any supplements.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:20 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you are okay Done, and no you are NOT stupid. You're right, the expectation is that a health food store is filled with healthy things...not. Some herbs and "natural" ingredients can be just as dangerous as drugs; maybe worse since the FDA doesn't monitor this stuff. It's very scary. I am slowly learning that I need to research like crazy before trying any new natural supplements.
Hugs...thanks for posting this here!!
Old 01-17-2008, 09:22 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Oh Done ......... you're not stupid for trying it.
It was freakin' GNC.

If I were you -- I'd call the local TV station and or paper and tell them about it. It could be a good story ... like should it actually be on the shelf, the FDA can't regulate that stuff since it's not FDA approved (well only if there are health risks, which obviously their are.) The FCC has been known to sue some of those companies (trimspa is one I can think of) for false claims. All of those companies setteled and paid huge fines. They just had to take any false claims off their product and they were all good ....... Anyway ..... I think it could be a good story if you can get someone on the phone to listen.

Done: You'll be fine and you're not stupid. :ghug3

Now, I have to admit, just like BigSis ........... my addict mind too! I thought about trying it too!!!! Geez! :chatter
Old 01-17-2008, 09:31 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

lots of people on the posts i read we;re gettiing excited to read it, even though there were posts about heart attacks and deaths. it's normal for us to think like that I guess.
its starting to get betterr i think, or maybe it's cuz i sat down for awhile.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:34 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Done - you are NOT dumb!

I'm just glad you posted. Of course MY crack-addict brain was thinking "legal crack??!?!?"...but you convinced me to stay far, far away from the stuff. I need to lose a few pounds and would like some more energy, but don't want to die to do it.

Hope your feeling better!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 01-17-2008, 09:40 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

lol, that part didn't freak me out as much, cuz I don't like crack, if it was meth in a bottle, omg..... lol.

But it's not like crack, I read a bunch of posts on their from recovery crack and meth users and ALL of them said, they've been through anything like this. one said he bought it at his gym and ended up on the bathroom floor till closing. he was a crack and meth addict (in recovery)...

You won't end up losing weight cuz you end up eating to try and not feel sick.
I ended up eating a bagel, 2 pieces of toast and a little peice of salmon, to try
and help, nothing helped.... I never eat like that.....

eww it's terrible. if someone insisted on it, i'd say take one sip. but I would say don't try it. people are dying from it. and having heart attacks , not worth it.
and my chest hurts so bad.... not worth it.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:43 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Crazy!!
I'm glad you are OK - I agree that this "health food" stuff is so out of hand.
any thing herbal is automatically healthy - yeah right! Remember ephedra?

(And yet, part of me - the addict part - was ready to stop off at the nearest health food store on the way home and give it the old college try. )
Old 01-18-2008, 05:51 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I think it is others people stupidity who don't understand drugs and additicion who are trying to make money off of it. Crack in a bottle, they think it funny & cute. To us living in the hell, we know better. There should be a law fromt he FDA on this, but I have read there are many "legal" over-the-counter drinks, aids etc that are extremely dangerous.

THanks for the heads up.
love,
susan
Old 01-18-2008, 06:57 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

((((Done))))

I have done a lot of meth in my life as you know. My heart has a few quirks as a result. I cannot take anything that bills itself as an energy drink. My heart hurts after even a sip of one. The same goes with nutra sweet. I would think it might effect anyone who has been on meth in a negative way.

If I am feeling run down or like I might be coming down with something I drink hot teas. One of the best for colds is one called Pau D'Arco.

I have written many letters to GNC about the way they combine different compounds rendering them dangerous or unusable for many. The don't care I guess you have to have a lawyer for them to care. They have a lot of products that have artificial sugars in them. I just walk right by them when I am out shopping they give this segment of food and supplements a black eye...
Old 01-18-2008, 07:39 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Maybe it would be a good time to remember that the people employed at GNC have no medical training whatsoever.
They're just common everyday people working a job...I always have asked them questions, too, but they never seem very knowledgeable to me.

Thanks, Done, a good reminder for us to take care of us, (and not to trust what others tell us..hee hee hee)

Hugs, hope you're feeling all better today!