Warning, Grrrr

Old 01-18-2008, 07:52 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Splendra Ironically the reason I was even going to vitamins was because I quit drinking diet pepsi, remember? I'm careful about that at least.. I don't drink aspartine or splendra anymoe

Funny how a lot of us on here, wanted to run down and try it, I would have to if I had read this post. I encourage you to check out those first two links I gave you, those posts.
It tells of deaths and heart attacks. lol, that will help change your mind.

I feel better, still haven't slept yet, still have horrible hiccups that HURT, and I'm starting to get tired. I drank a lot of water last night and watched movies.
Oh that stuff is bad. I've never had hiccups this long.

I guess maybe God thought I needed a reminder of why I don't like meth.
Laying there last night with my heart racing, hurting, etc., a little scared,
holding my pillow, brought me back to my meth nights of not knowing if
I would die that night, ughh so many nights like that.
I don't miss that at all..... I remembered why I hate meth so much....

I think i'm off to take anap. goodnite all
Old 01-18-2008, 02:25 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

I stopped Splenda after that post.
Thank you very much!
Old 01-18-2008, 02:35 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Which post? You should stop asparatine also, it's as bad or worse.
It's only legal because Sears paid the government off for it to be.
(*Coming from a serious diet pepsi addict who stopped a 20 year habit
after learning what I read and learned. *Scary Stuff*)
Old 01-18-2008, 03:53 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

As long as we are on the subject of aspartame, can it cause anxiety? I drink it in my decaf and have for years. I have had periods of anxiety which is not related to my daughter's addiction or anything going wrong in my life and have wondered about aspartame. Also glad that you are okay Miss Done. I have never liked that jittery, heart racing feeling. Hugs, Marle
Old 01-18-2008, 04:07 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Yes!!! It can. A few years ago, when I joined this board someone told how bad it was for you, and I found this article about it on the net, how it was some weird conspiracy, and it confirmed that weird email I had gotten before that I thought was a hoax. But then I swear it was gone. I looked for it for so long. Well I recently found it in this book again, and I ordered it, I'm just waiting for it to get here, when I get it, I'll see what he says about anxiety. But I know it says it can cause depression, lupus, osteoporosis's, bipolar, and much more, (but those are things I have off the top of my head) I've been drinking diet pepsi since i was like 10. Like ALOT of it, 20+++++ cans a day was nothing for me...
I do notice a difference when I don't drink it.
I know it causes brain tumors in rats.....
Ughh, the story makes me sick.... it's amazing this stuff got passed, it only was passed because Sears payed everyone off. It's HORRIBLE....
I even check every food label now, juice label everything. My mom thinks I'm a freak.
Old 01-18-2008, 04:11 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

lol, okay, everyone's going to think I'm a freak, but here's an article.

This Sears is not the same Sears.

But this stuff is true. It's like this Red Line Stuff.

HOW ITS LEGAL I DO NOT KNOW.
Makes me so mad.

Are Artifical Sweeteners Deadly?
September 8, 2006 at 4:19 am | In artificial sweetners, aspartame, death |

I rec’d the article below from Dr. Al Sears via the internet today. I couldn’t get it on my post fast enough.

While you’re reading this important notice please keep in mind at www.hookupwithhealth.wholefoodfarmacy.com we only use the purest ingredients. Never, ever do we use anything artificial! Yes, it’s that important! HOOK UP WITH HEALTH today and flush those artificial sweetners as fast as you can say Phi Plus.

When you reach for a packet of NutraSweet or Splenda, you feel relieved that you’re dodging the evils of sugar. But did you know that these artificial sweeteners make good ant poison?

I just read a story from a lady who had a problem with carpenter ants. After spending thousands of dollars on professional exterminators and industrial poisons, she dumped 2 packets of NutraSweet in the corners of her bathroom and it killed the ants.1

It’s perhaps less of a surprise if you know that aspartame – the active ingredient in NutraSweet – was classified as a neurotoxin before it was approved by the FDA as a sugar substitute in the early 1980s.

But what does that mean when you eat ice cream, candy, or a diet soda that’s sweetened with NutraSweet? Or any of the other 5,000 products that use aspartame?

Aspartame accounts for 75% of all side effects reported to the FDA’s Adverse Reaction Monitoring System (ARMS), with 10,000 complaints in 1994 alone. By the FDA’s own admission, only 1 percent of those who experience side effects actually report them. That makes the real number closer to one million.2

The FDA is so defensive about their stance on aspartame; it took a Freedom of Information Act request to get the full list of 92 recognized symptoms the FDA linked to artificial sweeteners that use aspartame.

Here’s just a few of the 92 reactions you may experience:

Anxiety Attacks
Arthritis
Asthma
Chronic Fatigue
Death
Diarrhea
Insomnia
Memory Loss
Nausea or Vomiting
Seizures or Convulsions
Vertigo
Weight Gain

The threat of seizures and vertigo is so strong; pilots are routinely warned about the dangers of aspartame. Both the Air Force’s magazine Flying Safety and the Navy’s Navy Physiology have published articles warning pilots of these side effects.2

About 12 years ago, a hotline was setup for pilots suffering from acute reactions to aspartame. In the first year alone, over 600 pilots reported symptoms – some of whom actually suffered grand mal seizures while in the cockpit of their airplanes.2

What’s worse, most people have no idea that aspartame is causing their symptoms. Doctors usually link the symptoms to other diseases like multiple sclerosis, arthritis, Lyme disease, or even Alzheimer’s.

A recent study published by the Cancer Research Center in Italy found that, once inside your body, aspartame breaks down into very dangerous components. (One of these components is formaldehyde – a very dangerous toxin you may know as ‘embalming fluid.’)

An alarming number of rats fed NutraSweet died from various cancers including leukemia. The increase in cancer rates was 62%. Aside from cancer and the symptoms listed above, aspartame they discovered, can also lead to sudden death.3 How does this experiment relate to the amount of aspartame you consume?

The FDA set the Acceptable Daily Intake, (ADI) for aspartame at 50mg per kilogram of bodyweight (mg/kg). Lawyers for the FDA said in court that the average American averages 30mg/kg a day but often goes over the limit.

What’s disturbing is that the Italian scientists noticed markedly increased cancer rates in rats that consumed only 40% of this ADI. Rats eating only 8% of the ADI also had increased cancer rates. This means that many Americans are consuming more than this dose comparatively.

Russell Blaylock, MD is a well-known neurosurgeon and one of the leading authorities on the dangers of aspartame. He said, “This study strongly indicates that drinking a single diet cola sweetened with aspartame every day could significantly increase one’s risk of developing a lymphoma or leukemia.”4

If you suffer from any of these symptoms and consume any aspartame, stop consuming products that have aspartame for at least 60 days. Instead of relying on sodas, drink liquids that occur naturally:

Water – Filter purified or spring water. (This is your best bet when you’re thirsty.)
Milk – If you can find a good local source, raw is your best choice.
Tea – Real tea, green or black, with no artificial additives.
To Your Good Health,

Al Sears, MD
Al Sears, MD - health secrets that help you build a powerful, disease-free heart
Old 01-18-2008, 04:31 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I know for sure that I have an addiction to aspartame. I crave it when I don't have it. So maybe I wont' buy anymore tomorrow and see what happens. Thanks Done. Hugs, Marle
Old 01-18-2008, 05:05 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Yea, it was hard, but once I got off it, it's been easier. I occasionally will have a diet pepsi now and then. But very rarely.... It scares me. I really think a lot of people are dying from it, and think it's one of these other diseases.
We have a scary government. It's scary if you start learning to much, things like
Acid Reflux "Disease" is not a disease, it's a government pharmaceutical made "disease.
Makes me wonder what we are coming to in this world especially after yesterday.
Old 01-18-2008, 06:02 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I won't go anywhere near GNC... reminds me too much of my sisters anorexic years... it's basically an ephedra store.
Old 01-19-2008, 12:31 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Oh, Done. I've been away but you're scaring me with this. I have been having problems with memory and concentrating the past few months. Maybe it is all the diet Pepsi. My work keeps the refrigerator stocked with it just because of me. I guess I should try to cut back and drink some tea. No more Rumba?
Old 01-19-2008, 08:24 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Power is not having to respond

I work for a campus in a store.
An energy drink company gave us many many cases of their product to give away to students.
Within a day people were coming to work in BAD moods. Some of the kids who drank this crap hadn't been able to get to sleep. Everyone who drank it was acting erratic.
I am so glad I didn't drink any of it.
I did look up energy drinks online, only to find that they are definately not healthy and can cause all kind of problems.
Old 01-19-2008, 08:30 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

(((((((Done))))))) your smart, bright, lively and compassionate and I would guess much much more.

Kevin
Old 01-25-2008, 06:30 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I think we addicts have to be very careful when taking natural remedies and herbs, because we are different from others. Normies may be able to use herbs like this "Evodiae Fructus". I wish there was a list or somthing over herbs that are not safe for recovering addicts. Marijuana and cocaine are both natrual herbs.. Does anyone know which herbs to avoid?