Just when you think its about to

Old 01-16-2008, 07:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Just when you think its about to

...hit the fan, things sometimes do catch you off guard.

I've posted here that I was pretty sure son was abusing his pain pills. He's had knee surgery, so that was his "excuse". I still feel I was (or am) correct.

I've not heard from him on over a week, which didn't surprise me one bit since he owes me money from the bank fiasco a week or so ago.

Tonight he called. Hasn't talked to me in a while and heard I was troubled with work stuff. He wanted to see how things were going. Mentioned that for the first time in what seems like forever he has a positive bank balance going into check day (tomorrow). A mere $10 left, but better than the (-) thats he's been having!

He's trying to get his "priorities" in order financially because a guy he knows is having trouble with bills and is looking for a roomie to help out for a while. I know AS would love to break off on his own, so he's trying to make that happen.

I could tell he had not taken "his pills".. He was clear and caring and sensible.

That means nothing, other than I know its in there. I always did and do, but gee it sure feels good to hear it. He's capable...if its meant to be.

Tonight I feel OK about things.

(((Hugs)))
Old 01-16-2008, 09:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Enjoy those times when you see "your son" Each precious moment is wonderful. We can't control it, can't predict what will happen, that's why I think today is such a gift. Hugs
Old 01-16-2008, 10:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

Does this mean you have stepped away from fear, doubt and worry?
Enjoy this bit of serenity and remember how it feels.
Old 01-17-2008, 03:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I used to spend way more time in my son's bad moments than he ever did. I'd still be worrying about "his" problem and he'd call and say "oh, I sorted that out two days ago".

Grrrrr, how dare they go an find a healthy way to deal with things when we mama's are wringing our hands.

I'm happy for you, Cece, and for him. Good days are good days and it's a darn shame to miss them when we are focused on the bad ones. I try not to do that anymore.

Hugs
Old 01-17-2008, 04:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

Originally Posted by Ann View Post
I used to spend way more time in my son's bad moments than he ever did. I'd still be worrying about "his" problem and he'd call and say "oh, I sorted that out two days ago".
Boy, was that ever me. And it can be today if I don't practice my recovery.

I'm glad you can see to stay in the day and enjoy it, cece. God offers little surprises everyday, but so many times I miss them. I'm glad you saw yours yesterday.

Hugs,
Hangin' In
Old 01-17-2008, 05:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

I too love when I can exhale.
Although I am doing so much better in my recovery, walking on the eggshells when you "think" something wrong is going on, just sucks.
I'm glad you're feeling good about things now and I hope it continues for a long time.