HP for my sister

Old 01-08-2008, 06:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

HP for my sister

Last night, my mom called to tell me that my sister's bf had been arrested.
Apparently, the two of them had been arguing outside of a convenience store and the bf threw a bottle at my sister. An anonymous person called the police thinking things might escalate. Sister and bf were stopped by the police on the way back to a friend's house. The bf had warrants because of failure to appear on other DV issues with his wife (they are legally separated).
He was arrested and has a few courts to appear in next week. Also, he has a pretty high cash bond and hopefully will not be getting out soon.

My sister is staying at the friend's house and has been calling different rehabs and knows my parents will only pick her up to take her to a place.
I'm not making excuses as I know my sister has an addiction, but I'm somewhat hopeful that being away from an abusive bf will help her sort things out and want to get help for herself. I'm not getting my hopes up, just taking things as they happen.

More will be revealed...I have no control, and will keep saying some prayers.
I do believe the anonymous person was supposed to be there for my sister.
I'm starting to believe more and really turning things over.
Old 01-08-2008, 06:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Prayers for your sister. My daughter is 21 and lives with an abusive abf who is 38 and buys all her drugs. It is a difficult situation when he enables her addiction to keep her as sick as he is. My daughter is a big codie with this man. I can't see her leaving him so my prayers are for him to get arrested. He has warrants but was stopped a couple counties away, was taken to jail and then let go because our county does not pick up if it is more than 25 miles away. I know that someday he will get his. Hope your sister uses this opportunity to get away from her bf and find help. Hugs, Marle
Old 01-09-2008, 09:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

((((((((aztchr)))))))))

Praying that this is your sister's time.
Old 01-09-2008, 10:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Its very encouraging that she's calling rehabs. God does work in mysterious ways and its OK to hope!