Plumbing grease under my fingernails...

Old 01-05-2008, 11:05 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
sjr

OHHHHH!!!!! you have to get a dremmel!!! very fun!! you'll be suprised at all the stuff you can do!! i too have my own tool box. complete with every power tool you can think of. well, almost. i don't have a chainsaw or anything!lol...........

O BY THE WAY~~

WOMEN WITH POWER TOOLS!! THAT'S HOT!!
(at least that what i've been told by the boyfriend that was very suprised when i had all my own tools) lol

single girls definately learn how to figure things out for themselves don't we!
i still have AAA...i aint changin' a tire
Old 01-06-2008, 10:04 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

If you've ever used a handheld battery thing, to file, and buff your nails, that's about the size of a dremmel.

You can do ALL sort sof stuff with them, sand little things, cut things, wood, and metal!

It's a FUN tool!
Old 01-06-2008, 12:18 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

As a former farmer I had to do a LOT of stuff.. but mostly on the farm and in the barn.. you know.. if it ws ugly no one cared. They cared if it worked or not, period.

so. I did a lot.. most of it ugly although i did a lot of galvanized pipe cutting and threading.

Fast forward to me buying the house I have now. It has sulfur water (not hard water) and I got a water treatment system to deal with that (for those who do not know, sulfur water is not caused by a mineral but by a bacteria that carries the mineral. The bvacteria is harmless, but the water smells like rotten eggs and the sulfur bearing bacteria leave a slime on the plumbing that is unhealthy for the plumbing).

anyway.. so I get in the house and get the water system installed (by the water treatment people). I decide to clean all the plumbing stuff I can reach inside toilet tanks etc to get rid of the sulfure bacteria slime.

I am on toilet #2 (there are 3 bathrooms in this house.. a whole nother story). I take the lid off the toilet tank and it slips. OMG.. toilets are FRAGILE porcelain things.. and if you drop them or drop other things on them they break. They break like glass.. like a coffee mug.. like a platter.. well you get the idea....

So, said lid hits the toilet right where the bowl and tank meet and voila.. toilet is smashed.....

There is no feeling like this n earth. Well maybe the feeling you get whent he toilet is stopped up and you flush and by golly you KNOW it is going to over flow... and you watch it and all you can think is "where is the REWIND BUTTON??"

Indoor plumbing, while the same principal as barn plumbing has some major differences. First of all it has to FIT and second of all it is mostly PEX or copper or something not galvanized....

Well, you know, after the initial shock wore off, I went to Home Depot and just got another toilet. I called and asked what to measure (the distance from the hole in the floor to the wall is the critical measurment BTW... ) and I replaced the toilet. I even have a water saver toilet and it is a little taller off the floor so it easier to get off of...

So yeah, I know how it feels to tackle something and get 'er done after the initial shock of deciding you HAVE to do it.

BTW OOAL.. if you ever get stuck for a toilet or a bathroom.. did I mention.. I have THREE? come on over... as long as you clean 'em you can use 'em....