Update

Old 01-05-2008, 12:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update

well guys I spoke to my dad again today and if it hasnt been 3 years sense he's used it's gotta be getting close anyway when I spoke to him last he sounded better then he EVER did and thats a good thing, he's currently feeding the homeless and while on the surface thats a good thing that IS a concern for me because while he is doing a good thing there is NO WAY he can be making enough money to support himself and provide the basic needs that everybody needs which gort me to thinking that he might turn to dealing again because lets face it, there is ALOT of money to be made in dealing

anyway things are going great so it seems but am I selfish for wanting him to maybe not stop feeding the homeless but atleast get a decent paying job while he does it? I just hope things keep going as good for him as they seem to be.
Old 01-05-2008, 02:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Hi King,

Your dad seems to be doing well and if he is happy with his lifestyle then that's what is important, or at least his choice right now.

I learned that I can't change people or what they choose to do with their life, but I can keep the relationship healthy for me if I just accept them for how they are.

Keep looking after yourself and let the rest just fall into place.

Hugs
Old 01-05-2008, 04:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

hands off the addict. he is doing what he is doing & it is no changing that. focus on yourself & stay in today. today things are good for him.prayers,
Old 01-05-2008, 05:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

One of the best things I've learned from being in recovery is that I don't know what is best for everyone else. Before addiction came to live in my home, I just KNEW what everyone else should be doing with their life and I didn't hesitate to tell them.

Today I know that God has a plan for each person's life. So I have to back off and let those people figure out, along with their HP, what that plan is. I'm to concentrate on living my life. And you know what? I'm so much more at peace concentrating on myself. Amazing, just amazing.

I know it's hard not to think "what if" or "awfulize", as I call it, about your dad. But it doesn't change one thing nor does it do one bit of good. I just know when I put the focus back on me, my life improved.

And I hope I don't sound like I'm preaching. I just know the awful feeling of worrying, worrying, worrying.

Hugs to you,
Hangin' In