Thank you.....

Old 01-02-2008, 04:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs up Thank you.....

Thank you everyone who responded to my thread of anguish........ I think that being in mourning and giving in to my despair.... was actually healing. I allowed myself to feel pain..... I cried so much...... that while I scared myself..... I feel that I hit rock bottom, if you will. I'm still pretty much down there, but I can feel it getting a little bit better every day. At times, I really feel that when I take 2 steps forward, I then take 1 step back.

Thank goodness for those 3 C's!!!! They truly really do help!

I just found out that my boss has been addicted to pain killers and his DOC is Oxycontin! BOY oh BOY........ do I despise that drug!

So many people I know have been taken down by that drug! My sister being one of them...... who is now clean; however, she is so mentally un-manageable.. She is most like schizophrenic and her reality is all so garbled because of the paranoia. Either that or she was schizo and used the drug to stop the voices??? I don't know.... it's a chicken/egg thing.

My guy has told his parents and now when things aren't right..... they will ask him about the drugs. I really do feel that now at this point he is ready to give them up....... and I'm so glad he told his family.... because now he will have the proper support. BUT he needs to keep helping himself. He is regretting it though that he told them because they are questioning him now and he feels he'll never hear the end of it. Actually, I hope this hasn't hurt him.

I don't know..... I'm just so glad it wasn't me to tell them. He owes it to them to be truthful about it...... not have it come from me.

He flipped out on his room mate this morning.... and his room mate asked him what drugs he is on! It's a shame really because now that is always going to be everyone's ammo.... and he is going to think.... he may as well be on them~! I sure hope not....... I hope he is able to be the bigger person and understand why he would be questioned.

It's so much easier to stay AWAY from drugs than it is to get away from them.

Those damn Oxy's...... they totally take power over you.... to the point where you think you are in control, when in fact, you are not.

Just another ramble.........

Thanks again you guys..... this place has helped me more than you can even imagine!
Old 01-02-2008, 04:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Keep coming back, it just gets better and better.

I know how relieved I felt when I first came here, to find people who actually had some clue what I was talking about and how I felt.

You're no longer alone, Abundance, just keep walking with us and we can lean on each other.

Hugs
Old 01-02-2008, 06:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

(((abundance)))

I've been reading your posts, and you have really come a LONG way already....keep it up!

Don't worry about him and having his drug use "thrown in his face". I had to face the same thing and quickly realized that this is just another of the consequences I had to face from my active addiction. But it didn't take long of me ACTING like a recovering addict (instead of active) until people saw I was serious. I haven't had my drug use "thrown in my face" in months and I have almost 10 months clean. It's HIS problem, he can deal with it.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 01-02-2008, 06:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Hug giver-outer!

As Ann said, keep coming back and keep working on your recovery.

I like what Impurrfect said about having the drug thrown in his face. Good advice.

Hugs,
Marteen
Old 01-02-2008, 06:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Happy you're with us (((Abundance))