Heroin??

Old 01-02-2008, 11:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Heroin??

Being from a small southern town....don't know a thing about heroin!!!Granted I did not know a thing about meth but found out QUICK..more than I wanted to know but what does heroin do?? the feeling?? is it as bad a meth?? I meant to ask in my earlier post but my mind is always out thinking my fingers!! And when is it MY turn to live?? She will be 19 next month and I am still living my life for her so please just tell me....
Old 01-02-2008, 01:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

my suggesstion is to start focusing on your own needs. Does it really matter what effects heroin will have on her? Will it help if you know if she is high on it? will knowing any of this really put your mind at ease?? I tell you it will not help you one bit. girl you need to change your focus and ask yourself how it is affecting you and do some foot work. trust me. I have btdt. you can read all you want. it wont make it better
Old 01-02-2008, 01:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi again!!

Knowing about the different drugs can help in some ways, but in others it is easier not to know.

No matter what poison she is putting into her body, it is killing her. I agree you need to focus on you and taking care of yourself, or you will be no good to her when she figures it out!!

However, IMO, she needs help! she is 16 and you still have some rights/power/control, whatever you want to call it. I personally would drag her to a treatment center! :atv She is an addict, with mental & emotional issues that is going to die if she doesn't get treatment. My AD didn't start until she was of legal age in TX so I was extremely limited in what I could do. I never stopped trying, but I couldn't force anything (treatment/rehab) on her at that age. You can, maybe it won't work, but maybe it will! It only takes one person to make a difference in someones life. I pray Lauren finds that person soon.

I continue to think and pray for you as I know what hell you are going through and wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. Please pm me if you ever want to talk, or scream!!

susan:ghug3
Old 01-02-2008, 05:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

She is 16? I say get her into a boot camp.
My son will be 23 this month, he started using heroin at age 17. Off and on (not that that matters)
heroin makes them numb to emotions, my son says this is one of his problems in life. he doesn't know how to deal with emotions so he chose to kill the emotions.

if I knew more about heroin when he was 17 I would have thrown him in boot camp for sure.

good luck
Old 01-02-2008, 05:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Meth, crack and heroin are probably the worst of the drugs. Heroin has a really bad physical withdrawal. Hopefully your daughter will seek help before she falls any farther into heroin. My daughter has been using heroin and any opiate for about 2 years. She tells me that the withdrawals are so painful and that she uses now to feel normal. Without heroin she can't live. Prayers that your daughter finds a better way. Marle
Old 01-02-2008, 07:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am sorry I did not read before I posted.. she is almost 19 not 16 sorry! And I have had her in 3 different rehabs 4 different times!! I know what she is like on meth and just wondered about the heroin. I also realize it is the same poison as any of the other but kinda would like to know if she comes home and had used it how she would act. No other reason on that.
Old 01-02-2008, 07:28 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Heroin causes pinpoint pupils and the nods. They can be talking to you and in the middle of the conversation they will nod off. They can do this standing or sitting. But then they can appear normal. With my daughter, I always knew she was high because I got an icky feeling. She was just acting too mushy sweet. Kind of whiny and also the voice changes, becomes more gravely. Another thing you may notice is itching. Heroin makes them itch. When coming off heroin, their noses will run so they sniffle a lot. Hope that helps. You can also google it and get more info. Hugs, Marle
Old 01-02-2008, 07:46 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you are going through this. My daughter expereinced the same things as what Marle described. I too am from a small town and was totally clueless about heroin...couldn't believe it was so readily available and that kids didn't seem scared to try it.

Have you tried any meetings? Naranon helped me to realize that I had to stop obsessing about my daughter and work on saving myself. I had to set boundaries...decide what I could live with and what I couldn't.
Hugs and prayers for both of you