Look's like another great start

Old 01-01-2008, 08:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Look's like another great start

Lauren came home last night around 11:45, seemed kinda out of it so we just started talking and she looked at me and said I have done some @#$%^& up stuff tonight. My heart dropped...again.... I am thinking she did meth but no!! She did heroin cut with x!!! I swear I did not even know you could get that anywhere around here!!!! But she did say she thought she needed to be sent off again. I told her she needed to make a decision on what she wanted to do with her life. She said to die I told her that was not an option at this time. I calmly asked her what she was going to do if I ever gave up on her she said it would be over. But this morning when I got up, I found a piece of paper with this wrote on it in her handwriting..God_ if You're there and really listening, I aks You for forgiveness of all my sins. a common prayer a drug addict makes when they've either a) have hit their bottom or b) are extremely close to hitting their bottom. and it was laying where I could see it so I really think she is asking or screaming for help. Please tell me yall see it the same way!!! I am off work today so I will be here with her all day but I just think maybe that it her way of telling me its time or am I just seeing something that I want to?? But when she called to tell me she would be home in a bit at 11, I told her it was late just to stay at her friends and to come home this morning and she told me no she was coming home, she did not want to stay she wanted to come home. So HELP:praying
Old 01-01-2008, 08:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

May be the heroin scared her! I pray it did and she is sincere in wanting help. BUt as a mother who has made every mistake in the book, you can't fix her. She needs to be in treatment and away from all that is familiar. I pray for Lauren and all out kids every day. I know God still works miracles and I hope she is sincere.
Prayers for you and Lauren,
susan
Old 01-01-2008, 09:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I'd talk to her today and if she wants to go to detox and then a rehab, I think I would work with her to find a place...but again, only if she really wants this.

I believe in helping our addicts when our help is requested and needed to do something positive. Working with them doesn't mean doing for them, it just means that we can cheer them on and offer a hug when they need it most.

My prayers go out that she is ready for a better path.

Hugs
Old 01-01-2008, 09:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

All I can tell you is that when it finally hit me that if I kept drinking and using I was going to die and that if I tried to quit I would die, I knew I wanted to die sober, and sitting on the ground, next to my beat up old alkie car, in the back of the Hollywood Bowl Parking lot I screamed, yes screamed out "Please help me."

Not my usual alkie prayer of "God, get me out of this one and I'll never do it again." Just "please help me."

And you know what? HP did. Somehow the next morning me and that car made it to a hospital I had heard of and only knew it was somewhere in Van Nuys. You know what else? They tried to keep me alive all day as my heart kept stopping from the seizures I was having, because my body needed more alcohol with a .38 bac and finally after a 1/2 hour of failure the ER Dr was writing the TOD on my chart and my heart started on it's own. I got my 2nd chance. That was 6/7/1981.

So ...................................... does she mean it? My personal opinion, having been there is I think she just might mean it. Don't know how old she is, doesn't matter, hopefully she is not as bullheaded as I was. It took me until 3 weeks shy of my 36th birthday.

Again, she sounds if not finally there, very very close.

J M H O

Love and hugs,
Old 01-01-2008, 10:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Please just kept her in your prayers that maybe this is it for her!!!
Old 01-01-2008, 10:54 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

obsessed,
I'm praying that this is her time for recovery.

My youngest went to rehab, when I thought he hit his bottom, and it was all for nothing.
He didn't GET it until the court system sentenced him to 6 month lock down rehab.

Praying for you, and your daughter,
Old 01-01-2008, 07:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sending prayers that this is her time.
Old 01-02-2008, 06:12 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

((((((Obsessed))))))

(((((((Lauren))))))))
Old 01-02-2008, 07:09 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

My daughter used to tell me all the time that she wanted to die. It used to get me so desperate to try and save her. I am sure that your daughter is feeling very bad about herself right now. Using to feel better and then feeling like h*ll when they are coming down. Using again and the cycle continues. Prayers that she wants to get off the elevator before it goes all the way to the bottom. Hugs, Marle
Old 01-02-2008, 08:31 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
krhea75

No advice, just prayers and hope for you.
krhea
Old 01-02-2008, 09:24 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

sound wisdom before me. I pray that this time is her time. I'm a recovering alcoholic and the holidays are tough for me. I don't want to be different but I am. It sounds like she made a cry for mercy and help when she left the note out. I am always willing to help another suffering alcoholic/addict but they have to ask for it. If I bring it up, it wasn't their "time".

Thoughts and prayers are with you. Donna